New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

2012 Outlander Sport SE - super noob

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Thumbs down 2012 Outlander Sport SE - super noob

Hey all -- I just figured I'd mosey on over here and take a gander as to what MF has to offer.

As the title states, I just picked up a 2012 Outlander Sport SE with CVT and I dont know dick about it.

A bit of my history -- I own a 2007 Mazdaspeed3 - its got basic mods on intake and exhaust ends etc etc.. you dont care bout that
My wife has a 97 Eclipse GS - the thing has been a trooper, to say the least.

Anyway - I'm not new to modifying cars - I'm not new to forums - I'm not new to the Search function on forums - But I am new to this Outlander and I just have a few basic questions about it.

Question 1 - The panoramic sunroof - I know it doesn't open, but my question is really about the button that opens the shade. Obviously when you push it one way, the shade moves that direction and vice versa - but what about pressing the button? wtf does that do? does it do anything at all?
What are the actual functions of this button?

Question 2 - We dont have the sat nav - just the regular head unit. Would a stock sat nav from a used outlander sport be able to be transplanted into my car without modification? plug n play?

Question 3 - I saw a thread on here about timing belts/timing chains -- Any idea what I have? its the 4b12 - so i'm guessing timing chain according to this post

Anyway, I look forward to being a part of this community -- Any help that you can provide me would be great

Thanks guys

-bannyd