Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

04 lancer es need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Question 04 lancer es need help!!!!

I have a 2004 lancer ES and i am looking to turbo it!

I have a kit lined up for purchase and i am just wondering where is a place in edmonton or close to it that would INSTALL it and DYNOTUNE it?
AND also how much that would all cost?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

you do realize you cant just install a turbo and go from there. There is alot of other stuff you need like upgraded fuel, new downpipe, intercooler, some piggyback device to tune with, and also the other stuff like a wideband o2 sensor and gauge, boost controller and gauge, ect.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 PM

Yes I realize that and I have everything except for a few minor things
The pistons and piston rods etc are on their way as well

I was just wondering the cost to install it and where there would be a place that's all

Old 05-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

well if you are also doing internals then you would be better off removing the whole engine yourself and sending the head/block and parts out to a machine shop. That would save you a ton on that end. And the other stuff i would assume are not all that difficult to install. Its all pretty simple stuff if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. If you are not and plan on having a shop do the entire job then i would be prepared to spend $3k minimum. Just to give you a heads up because it will not be cheap, you are talking an entire engine build plus the install of all the components. Then you would be looking at another $400 or so to have someone that knows what they are doing to tune it.

Out of curiosity what did you plan on using to tune it and what kinda turbo setup are we talking about?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:52 PM

I was just gonna get it dynotuned and whatever they do is what I would go with plus maybe a piggyback

Honestly I'm not sure it's a guy off kijiji and he says he has EVERYTHING I need I just need a new manifold cuz his is cracked
I haven't gotten around to going to look at it and he replies extremely slow to my emails

Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

well i dotn know a whole lot about how the stock ecu functions for the lancer but i am willing to bet there is no way to tune it without a piggyback or standalone. The trouble is you need to be able to adjust the A/F ratios in order to allow for the increased airflow from the turbo. And i know with almost all cars that is not achievable with the stock ECU setup without some sort of additional hardware.

I wouldnt take his word for it as "Everything" unless he gave you can exact list of the parts you are getting.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 AM

Well then looks like I'm getting a piggyback sometime soon

No he just gives the price and his phone number
He does say however it came off his 05 lancer and mine is an 04 so I'm pretty should everything will fit cuz they are the same from 02-06

I still have to look more into it I just wanted to find out some prices and if anyone knew of any places I could get it done