1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

bog bog bog, feels like hitting a wall.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Default bog bog bog, feels like hitting a wall.

well, my car still seems to not be hitting redline. im out of conclusions. so my 92 gsx has intake, Exhaust, Exhaust mani, MBC, Boost gauge, redtop battery. well im still not hitting redline, if i slam the gas i get to like 4-6000 rpms n it feels like it wont go any farther, and it feels like im hitting a wall. and if i let go and restart to ease the throttle itll hit the redline and anything above that. im running 7psi and even at 9 psi it does it still. i cant seem to figure out why. is my fuel pump n injectors too small?

Old 07-17-2006, 02:23 AM
Default RE: bog bog bog, feels like hitting a wall.

check the injectors for clogging and replace them if they look shot... and you shouldnt be expierencing fuel cut off at 9psi...so check your injectors....and if all elts fails go to auto zone have them run a diagnostic on it and see if it throws any codes.....

Old 07-17-2006, 02:57 AM

is it free for diagnostics?

Old 07-17-2006, 02:58 AM

yea they hook up their computer and run it for a min and tell you if its good or not..my eclipse ran 7 codes yesterday..lol...thats what it gets for sitting for like 2 months....lol

Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

yea they hook up their computer and run it for a min and tell you if its good or not..my eclipse ran 7 codes yesterday..lol...thats what it gets for sitting for like 2 months....lol
now how do i know what these codes mean?

Old 07-17-2006, 04:46 AM

they can tell you there

Old 07-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

i can already tell you what its gonna give. A random misfire on one or more cylinders. Your hitting fuel cut for some reason. My guess is your boost guage isnt reading right and your runnning much higher boost. I doubt its gonna be injectors. The thing that is common is for the fuel filter to need to be replaced. It could even be a bad fuel map sensor.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i can already tell you what its gonna give. A random misfire on one or more cylinders. Your hitting fuel cut for some reason. My guess is your boost guage isnt reading right and your runnning much higher boost. I doubt its gonna be injectors. The thing that is common is for the fuel filter to need to be replaced. It could even be a bad fuel map sensor.
oh......

well uhh.. arnt you just a book of information.....

Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM

so what do i do if its a misfire? and i dont think its the boost gauge, i mean its wired right,and i was thinking a sensor also do to fuel.

how hard is it to fix and find the sensor? and how much is the sensor?

Old 07-23-2006, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: BrunoBoy650

so what do i do if its a misfire? and i dont think its the boost gauge, i mean its wired right,and i was thinking a sensor also do to fuel.

how hard is it to fix and find the sensor? and how much is the sensor?
anyone?

Quick Reply: bog bog bog, feels like hitting a wall.