Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/)
-   -   damn i think its broken again....Ticking? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/damn-i-think-its-broken-again-ticking-8761/)

BrunoBoy650 03-02-2006 04:06 AM

damn i think its broken again....Ticking?

Ok today i got my car back from the shop. they replaced the axle, timing belt, all oil filter and adapter, and valves plus radiator, well it was running fine until it started to rain, and i lost traction,(92 GSX) my car slid and i hit a curb going downhill, scratching both right rims, and then my back-end went up the curb a little, well when i tried to start my car, the car would not start for he first three cranks and then it worked. i dont think i messed up the axles but i do need a new alignment, the car then started making a sputtering noise by the exhaust, could it be that the weldings came off my exhaust when i went up the curb? and now there is a ticking right around the timing belt. like its a loud tick. what can that be? thanks for the replies.
Lesson Learnd: Dont go fast DownHill in the rain.

Sanguinius 03-02-2006 05:53 AM

RE: damn i think its broken again....Ticking?

Don't go fast in the beginning of the rain. I don;t know how many know this but your used engine oil goes into the making of the asphalt you drive on. Therefore when it rains especially right at the beginning the oil seeps up and coats the road making likeliness of an accident much higher. Speed really isn't the issue it just gave you more damage than if you'd been travelling slower.

BrunoBoy650 03-02-2006 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Don't go fast in the beginning of the rain. I don;t know how many know this but your used engine oil goes into the making of the asphalt you drive on. Therefore when it rains especially right at the beginning the oil seeps up and coats the road making likeliness of an accident much higher. Speed really isn't the issue it just gave you more damage than if you'd been travelling slower.

yhathe problem was that i paniced and slammed the brakes, but can someone tell me why its ticking? its like right over the Timing Belt, could the belt or the pullys have came loose?

Sanguinius 03-02-2006 05:42 PM

I'd say take the timing belt cover off and check the tension... If you can check the tensioner itself. It may be going.

BrunoBoy650 03-02-2006 08:00 PM

I'd say take the timing belt cover off and check the tension... If you can check the tensioner itself. It may be going.
well it wouldnt start today so people came from the shop, and they took the timing belt cover off and the timing belt was really loose, they think they did it, so im not saying anything. so they going to repair it.

Sanguinius 03-02-2006 09:34 PM

Rock on dude... LOL if they fix it I wouldn't complain... But since the belt is loose I'd say the ticking is from your timing belt tensioner letting go or weakening and allowing your cams to get out of time. Thus your tapping sound is the valves hitting the pistons. Hopefully none bent. If that's the case you're looking at a full head job otherwise you're good to go.

93eclipsegsx 03-02-2006 10:28 PM

it also could be a lifter going bad, my car does it only for a little bit. its not a loud tick but when it gets warm, it will go away.

BrunoBoy650 03-03-2006 01:53 AM

yha my car is making the tick and then it like sucks in hella air and stops and then 2 secs later it does it again. and stops...... and yes if they fix it i aint saying anything "i only drove it home" BTW it wasnt doing anything like that when i got it back yesterday

Sanguinius 03-03-2006 03:05 AM

So they fixed it?

BrunoBoy650 03-03-2006 03:24 AM

So they fixed it?

no i had it fixed, got it yesterday morning, then at night it broke down, went back to shop this morning, and now im waiting for it