Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/)
-   -   damn i think its broken again....Ticking? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/damn-i-think-its-broken-again-ticking-8761/)

Sanguinius 03-03-2006 10:07 AM

RE: damn i think its broken again....Ticking?

Oh O.K..... I see so these guys fixed it it broke again so you took it back to them right?

TheEngineer 03-03-2006 12:21 PM

basically it seems to me that they ****ed up a bit in putting the timing belt on, cuz even if you hit a curb, thats not going to make a timing belt loosen or skip if it was correctly installed.

BrunoBoy650 03-03-2006 01:41 PM

yes i brought it back, can the timing belt being loose cause it to not start?

brandoN^gsT 03-03-2006 01:51 PM

If you slammed on the brakes like that, I would say that the ticking is suspension related. I'm not too sure what it is, but check the recall list if you haven't already, and have whatever needs to be taken care of then taken care of. Mention the problem, and see what they say.

Just a suggestion.

-brandoN^-

BrunoBoy650 03-03-2006 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: brandoN^gsT

If you slammed on the brakes like that, I would say that the ticking is suspension related. I'm not too sure what it is, but check the recall list if you haven't already, and have whatever needs to be taken care of then taken care of. Mention the problem, and see what they say.

Just a suggestion.

-brandoN^-

ok, its lowered on tein springs, and i did hit the brakes a lil hard, so ill tell them something

Sanguinius 03-03-2006 07:08 PM

I doubt hitting the brakes hard would cause a suspension problem and definately wouldn't loosen the timing belt. I've slammed the brakes and locked the wheels before in cars and NEVER had a problem with anything like that.

BrunoBoy650 03-04-2006 03:16 AM

i went tp the shop today, it was the tensioner

Sanguinius 03-04-2006 12:20 PM

Well hitting the curb wouldn't damage the tensioner. Did they get it retimed and how are the valves?

93eclipsegsx 03-04-2006 01:52 PM

i wonder if they just used the old tensioner to save money, because that what happened on my car. i went to the parts store and got everything they told me to get but forgot to tell me i needed a tensioner and after 88 miles, its jumped time bending all the valves.

estraw 03-04-2006 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: 93eclipsegsx

i wonder if they just used the old tensioner to save money, because that what happened on my car. i went to the parts store and got everything they told me to get but forgot to tell me i needed a tensioner and after 88 miles, its jumped time bending all the valves.
i thought you said that was mr p's fault???