1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

Eibach Suspension Failure?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Default Eibach Suspension Failure?

Hey there,
I purchased a set of Eibach Sportline Lowering springs for my 1991 Laser 2.0 Turbo and installed them less than 18 months ago, I replaced with a decent set of shocks but nothing special. The other night after having driven my car for 4-5 days after a 7 week overhaul that cost me $2,000; My front right Eibach spring cracked in half while I was driving and slipped off the shock and went straight into the inside treadwall of my tire and ripped out the entire sidewall. Needless to say I was kind of pissed off because I had that Eibach spring for less than 20,000km. My question is pretty simple, WTF? And furthermore, shouldn't "in theory" Eibach have to pay for the cost of a new tire as it was their faulty spring that savagely raped my tire. Has anyone heard anything of Eibach spring breaking in half, like honestly, WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

(Oh. P.S.) When my car hit the ground from the tire deflation it bent one of my 17" Rims. AHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned
Default RE: Eibach Suspension Failure?

Well i would get on the phone man. What ever you do dont jump on the offencive. Present your case and situation and ask them if they are willing to do anything... if they tell you to go to hell... go down to your local hardware store and get a nice board and write a short but sweet message on it... and park it outside their main office... then ask them again... i highly doubt they will give you the same answer. Good luck man!!!

Old 03-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Dude I have heard of that happening before. I don't know if it was eibach but consider yourself lucky. You only lost a tire and rim. I had a friend that had one go on his RSX and that one bent the rear. He had to replace wheel bearings and whatnot. I don't know if they fixed everything for him but they did send him a new spring. I'd got on the horn and see if they're going to fix things or not.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 AM

When you bought the springs is there any type of Waranty?
But, ya, definentally get on the phone with them and explain the issue. They're product defect had left your car F'ed up which isn't right.

Plus, Eibach is a really big company with a lot of money who doesn't need bad publicity. I bet they would be happier to send you the money to get a new rim and tire before they loose money by having you bitch about them at events.

While on the phone, calmy explain, don't threaten!!, that you go to a bunch of car shows and have always raved about Eibach springs and their company, and now, if they don't help, you might have to urge people to stay away from them.

Just a thought, but again, don't get on the offensive and start threatening people. Be calm and collected and repectful. They'll give you that in return.