1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

Engine swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default Engine swap?

Allr ight I'm starting with a '92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. Now the retard that sold it to me told me it was originally a turbo (I didn't know it was a GS at that time) and also told me it was a 5 speed. Of course he said he blew the engine replaced it with a N/A and changed from 5 speed to auto LOL (What a crock THAT was no pedal mounts for the clutch or anything left over....). Now I am looking at doing a full engine swap and worndered what you guys thought of the engine I'm looking at and the price? Here's the e-mail the guy sent me describing it:
well i spent 1200 on labor and 900 on the pistons and rods another 150 on the oil pan cover and cap. there are zero miles on the motor oil has not even been put in it yet. i'd like as close to 2500-3000 as i can get. i know its steep but regular rebuilt engines go 2000. i'd rather finish the car but my wife is complaining about how much money ive put into it. let me know what you think and what your offer is.
its a 1991 engine you should not need a ecu for ur car.. my ecu is for a 95 gst..its 5 speed too. whats a pcm. if you need a new ecu i suggest getting an aftermarket one for your 92. my ecu and wiring harness have to be modified to work on this engine.
hows about 3600 for the whole car. take what you need and part out the rest. i have aftermarket cool air intake and 3"downpipe. if you are wanting to swap to turbo i suggest sellin the turbo my car has and buying one from the older models... you'll get more horsepower out of it. the clutch is new and has no miles on it. i just bought it last week or so. i also have some left over parts from my 2g engine like the head and the ac and all that. but that would be cool because i could just cut my losses on the car. let me know what you think

Now like I said the car I have is an automatic and I want to use the body of the one I have currently (I LOVE the body kit on it and the fact that it has custom molded rear end holding Skyline taillights on it ). What do you guys think?

Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Default RE: Engine swap?

well i just ordered my new engine cause i blew my old one up..i found a few websites that sell motors out of crashed cars from japan. they are the same motors and have about 40,000 miles on them. they come with a 6 month unlimited mile limited warentee and with shipping it will cost you about 800$ i dont know how much money you have to waste but i know i dont want to spend 2000$ on a new engine. the only thing is intalling it is going to cost alot also. just some info for you...if you want the websites just pm me and ill be glad to send em to you. hope this helped