1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

Fuel injector help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Default Fuel injector help needed

I have a '93 w/ 1.8L and 5 spd trans. My son was driving the car and it was running fine. Then he took off from a stop sign and it started missing. At least that is his story! :-) The car starts and runs but the engine is missing so I replaced the plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor. That did not fix the problem. I listened to the injectors and one them is not "clicking". I measured the resistance of all four injectors and they were all around ~ 14 ohms so I'm assuming the injectors are OK. I was wondering what to check next.... I guess the obivous is to check the wiring harness to the injector. Do the harnesses fail at a common point? I guess it could be the ECM. I'm not exactly sure how to check it though. Is there any other component that might fail? fuses? relays? etc. Are the ECMs the same for 93s with manaul and auto trans?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 09-13-2010, 09:34 PM

My no. 2 cylinders fuel injector is the dead one. I traced the wiring harness back to the ECM and did a resistance check on the yellow/black wire from the injector connection to the ECM and it was OK (not open). I had trouble with the other wire which is yellow/red. I found it on the firewall where I'm guess you can connect a tach. I did find a yellow/red wire at the ECM and it was open. However, I am not sure they are the same wire since the one on the firewall looks like it terminates in the connector.

I noticed in my Haynes manual there is a Fuel injection control relay. Does anyone know how it works?

Does any one have a wiring diagram???

-Mike

Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 AM

After many hours of research and work my issue was the ECM....