1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

missfire on hard excell

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: missfire on hard excell

First off if you don't know when the fuel filter was changed last then get it done. It'ws a cheap thing to do and takes 5 minutes. Better to be safe than sorry. As for the plugs and wires let us know how that one goes. I've heard good things on the nology wires. As for the boost leak there is another thread in this section that has some instructions on making a simple leak tester I think. I can't recall offhand what the thread title was but if I run into it I'll post it for you for reference. And DAMNIT Emonz why ya gotta drop the BOV?!?!?! BUTTERFINGERS LOL

Old 01-01-2006, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius
. And DAMNIT Emonz why ya gotta drop the BOV?!?!?! BUTTERFINGERS LOL
hahaha I know tell me about it. It was just stupidity at its best. I balacned the BOV on a railing that goes to the front door of our shop while I was inside making my intake for the car. and the wind blew and it fell. After I noticed it I was thinking to myself why the hell did I put it there in the first place when I have a work bench a few feet away. I had to JB weld the VAC nipple back onto the top of the BOV cause it broke off. and it actually held perfect untill I got a new stock BOV from a friend.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

OMG DUDE WTF were you THINKING JEEZUS... LOL Well what is the lesson learned here??

Old 01-02-2006, 12:44 AM

OMG DUDE WTF were you THINKING JEEZUS... LOL Well what is the lesson learned here??
plastic BOV suck *** LMAO.... ya I really cant say why I put it htere in the first place. I kinda just forgot I put it down till I heard it fall then I was like awwwwwwww that cant be good. at least it was only my stock BOV and not somthing worse. and I got a new one for free so I did ok.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

LOL I can see you doin that too.... tandin there workin on somethin. Hear it fall look up from the workbench say "Aw... that can't be good..." Then go right back to work LOL....

Old 01-02-2006, 09:47 AM

LOL I can see you doin that too.... tandin there workin on somethin. Hear it fall look up from the workbench say "Aw... that can't be good..." Then go right back to work LOL....
that is how it happend. I was like oh well and finished my intake before I started with the BOV

Old 01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

LOL That's great... But like you said at least it was a stock one and you got a replacement .

Old 01-05-2006, 10:00 PM

It's running really sh*tty, think I'll park it till my plugs,wires get here...Mon or Tue.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well let us know what happens and we'll try to help after you change plugs/wires.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:03 AM

plugs and wires in...Seems to have taken care of the problem. It's ideling a little high now though, about 850 to 900, I havn't tried anything to fix it yet, it's nice to be able to really get on it again and not have it sputter though. S I think it's time to focus on the power steering rack...it kinda feels a little loose. I've been watching the fluid and toping it off as needed, but i have to get that fixed, and now I have a leak in my clutch master cylinder, and I still want to buy a new exhaust system, and a bigger turbo, FMIC, etc.....rims.....bodywork...

Quick Reply: missfire on hard excell