1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

is it possable

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Default RE: is it possable

it depends where do you live and do you have any instructions on how to do it my friends a mechanic but he deals primairly in hondas but he is a mechanic and he does know what to look for

Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 AM

besides the occasional fluke like the subi motors a 4 cyl is a 4cyl is a 4cyl... they are all relatively the same thing. the thing that scares me is that he's asking for a step by step process fora relatively rookie procedure. if you think saving a couple bucks is worth the risk of a friend possibly destroying your motor... go ahead man. But honestly to put this into prospective it's like having a friend who has worked on ford's but is asking a forum for the correct step by step procedure to change a Chevy's oil... in slightly larger terms.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:06 PM

hes not asking for them i am i want them for reference perposes (yes i know i cant spell) and so if it happens again i can do it instead of payin out the wazoo to get it done so for my sake if you guys know where i can get this info i would greatly appreciate it

Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

like i said best manual your gonna get is a factory manual from a dealership

Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 PM

it's like having a friend who has worked on ford's but is asking a forum for the correct step by step procedure to change a Chevy's oil
HEY!
I resemble that remark!

Except, I never asked how to change a chevy oil.

Chevrolet

Cracked
Heads
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Engine
Ticks

Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 PM

is there a link to get the info on the web im broke and i need the info to see how complex the procedure is to see if i can do it myself
i had to rebuild a 4 cyl in high school shop class so i have some experence but the engine was on a stand not in the car

Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 AM

*inhale*

ORIGINAL: natewesselink

is there a link to get the info on the web im broke and i need the info to see how complex the procedure is to see if i can do it myself
i had to rebuild a 4 cyl in high school shop class so i have some experence but the engine was on a stand not in the car
For gods sake, use the internet yourself and search for it instead of relying on someone to do it for you.
Damn.
If you keep having ask such ignorant questions, you obviously have no clue what to do.
If you have a friend that will do it, and do it right, well f**k... have him fix it.

thanks for the info but i still need the step by step my friend is a mechanic but he deals primairly in hondas
Hondas, Mitsubishi's
Apples, Oranges.
a 4cyl is a 4cyl.
They're all relatively similar. And if you're homeboy is a good friend, i'm sure yall could work out a payment plan of sorts.

It baffles me why kids join a car fourm ONLY when their car breaks.
****, if you have the internet, why not use it for research and learn instead of having a stick up your *** and bad grammar when something goes wrong.

damn.

*exhale*

Not trying to explode on you, its just been a monday.

Monday is brought to you in part by stress and headache, attorneys at law.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:34 AM

i have ben looking and ive come up with squat i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get the info on the web i wasnt sayin i wanted you to look for it i wouldnt ask anything i wouldnt do myself i wanted to know if anyone knew of a site where i could get the info i wasnt intending that you should look for the info i just wanted to know if anyone knows a site where i can get the info

Old 02-20-2007, 04:35 AM

ORIGINAL: natewesselink

i have ben looking and ive come up with squat i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get the info on the web i wasnt sayin i wanted you to look for it i wouldnt ask anything i wouldnt do myself i wanted to know if anyone knew of a site where i could get the info i wasnt intending that you should look for the info i just wanted to know if anyone knows a site where i can get the info
(yes i do repeat myself)

Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 AM

go for it... do it yourself... drop the oil pan, pull the main clip off, get a crank pulley pull the harmonic balancer off, drop the crank, replace your bearings and put it back together. that's your step by step process. good luck. and i hope you get 2k miles out of it when you put it back together if you don't know what you are doing.if you dont take care of your car the way it should be done... it will treat you the same way. don't come on here asking advice for a hypothetical situation if you already know what you are going to be doing in the first place and don't plan on taking our advice. we have given it to you, we have told you the best thing to do and the smartest thing to do, take it or leave it.

Quick Reply: is it possable