2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

400hp turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Default RE: 400hp turbo

AMS EMS is a great device, but not one that I would recommend because of the fact that it would have to be tuned by TRAINED PROFESSIONALS or regular folks with the know how. I'm not that, I am tuner though and I like to tune on my own. There are too many with EMS that don't even know where to begin on their own, it's rediculous. The guy that converted my car had EMS and he hated it and he knows his stuff, there's a guy here that has it on his EVO and he doesn't know how to work with it. EMS is not for the impaitient at heart, which most folks are. Sure get EMS, sure pay for it to be tuned by someone other than AMS, or schedule a time for an AMS guy to tune it. I'll stick to with self reliance of when, where, who, and why of tuning and when I've learned enough from DSMLink, I'll sell it and have a full built motor by then, not to mention the know how and or money to tune. Ask yourself about the folks that run AMS EMS are they a bunch of retards that don't know how to tune, have plenty of money, or both? Register onto AMS and look at all the folks who have the smallest issues and how that affects their tune. You know what I see on DSMLink?..."why isn't the GM MAF+T stable with DSMLink?". That's about the hardest question on DSMLink. Here's AMS.."what should my stock fuel map be set to?"..."why isn't my car starting up?". Who do you think pops up with the answers on AMS? The guys who are trained, the rest either make guesses or don't post and then it takes days before someone answers. At least on the DSMLink forums, everyone answers, everyone posts valuable replies, and you can submit a log for everyone to see and help. If the issue doesn't lie in the motor, almost every issue is resolved that day/night. Customer service is never ending on Link. I haven't seen AMS be that helpful and with real answers.

AMS owns? You better ask that on the other board and tell me what they say

Old 12-15-2006, 12:01 AM

Sorry Sebba, when I see "help with AMS" on the other boards, there's usually no response. So, folks either don't know, don't have it, or just can't answer the question. There's always someone to help with DSMLink, even when you're not on the DSMLink forums. That's customer service IMO. Not to mention, there's a couple other folks here on the island that have DSMLink and we get together to help each other tune. I can't say that for the EVO owner, he's on his own. He's running a GT35, he should be in the 500awhp range, instead he can't get it past 400awhp (still impressive), the point is, he's stuck until he learns more about his ECU or buys a ticket for a pro to come out here and tune it FOR HIM.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned

^^ i totally agree with that... but what i said was... you can get more power out of it.. i just left out the pain in the *** factor LOL

Old 12-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

I was waiting for someone to comment on the AMS thing. Unless your building a total track monster like 93eclipsegsx is then AMS is alittle overkill. Id say for what you need id just go with the DSM link. Becuase lets say down the road after you have your AMS tuned you decide to upgrade something. Then guess what, you need to go have it dyno tuned again. And also try and find a tuner that knows what they are talking about with the AMS too. Because im willing to bet they will be pretty tough to find. But with DSM link you can tune yourself and adjust the settings as you mod, cost free.

So IMO DSM link is far more cost effective for what your doing

Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 AM

as for the turb, Sebba stole the words right out my mouth. i'd definatly go with the gt30r or the 20g, Hahn makes a wicked 20g that starts spooling at 35 and is spooled at about 48-4900, with a build engine and cams. . . you have like 3k of usable boost!!! that would effin wicked. or you could just go completely haywire, go w/ a gt35r, hook yourself up with a lil 25 shot, spray at 3500 and hold the hell on!!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 AM

Lol, Emonz and I bounced that back and forth in 93eclipsegsx's thread a little bit ago, TE. So, you know I had to be the one to say something about the AMS EMS, lol.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have an AMS EMS, but I've only touch the surface with DSMLink and I've already maxxed out my FPB28 and I've still got room to grow with a bigger turbo. Fuel and air are all you need to regulate and the stock sensors help with that just fine IMO. Most of the 500whp+ guys that use DSMLink and don't feel the need to even get the EMS yet. For a daily driver with a 50 trim or bigger Link can do a lot more than what some of you guys think.
After all the sensors and do dads that you need for the EMS, the Link is way less expensive too.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:33 PM

all I know is a dyno flash for the EVO is simmilar to what youll do with DSMlink, adjust timing egnition fuel and a few other features. and they make around 30WHP gain on a dyno. The AEM EMS I guess on a stock EVO has made like 80WHP on a stock EVO with tuning that is HUGGEEEE. that means totally stock other than a tuned EMS and the car is right at the point I am at now.

on the other hand DSMs DONT run anywhere near as rich than the EVOs do so the results would not be the same. DSMlink is fine at 400HP if he was looking for 500 or more I would say go for the AEM

Old 12-15-2006, 06:57 PM

i wont go as big as a 35r or FP3065, maybe a 3052 but thats about it. I dont want to have it spool up at 5k. I also dont think i could ever put nos on my car unless it was for drag racing only, and even then id like to stick to just turbo power. Nos runs out......turbos dont (generally.lol). Plus once i get going it really wouldnt be that big of a deal, cuz if i need power i can just drop it into 2nd or 3rd

Old 12-15-2006, 08:02 PM

i dodnt know if anybody else noticed it but its an AEM EMS not AMS EMS. i think i might even go bigger than a 35R maybe a 37R or 40R but i guess ill have to use the NAWZ (nos) to get me going.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 93eclipsegsx

i dodnt know if anybody else noticed it but its an AEM EMS not AMS EMS. i think i might even go bigger than a 35R maybe a 37R or 40R but i guess ill have to use the NAWZ (nos) to get me going.
Yes I noticed the AMS comment as well I just left it alone lol. If I were you I would go no bigger than a 37r on the 2.0L with the built head spool time isnt a big deal since you can just rev to the sky anyway. so you hit full 35 PSI at 5k but you pull that 650HP all the way to 8500 or 9000

Quick Reply: 400hp turbo