2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

95 eclipse no start after repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Default 95 eclipse no start after repair

ok so im gonna try to keep this as detailed as possible
i own a 95 eclipse gs non turbo 5spd so i was driving to a friends house when the car started to act up the battery light came on so i shut it off and it did not start up so i had the car towed to my house i replaced the battery and altenator and now car wont start it cranks but no start i checked for spark but none at all i cant even hear the fuel pump turn on i am stuck and don't know what to do any info would help thanks. oh also would the ecm have to do with any of this i checked around for the ecu but i can not find the part number i need or correct one

Old 02-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Check all your fuses.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 PM

checked all fuses and all are good how can you tell if the ecm is bad

Old 02-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Okay so all fuses are good, I assume that includes the relays on the firewall? If not, check those I had an issue with one of them, if so, a few things I would check in your position:

~95 eclipse was obd2, get your hands on a reader maybe you can see if you cooked the ecu.
~check connections and wiring from the alternator.
~Check plugs/wires/coil if theyre old.

Again, not guaranteeing a in any of those, just what I would be checking out. When mine randomly stopped turning over I noticed one of the relays was toast, ironically right after doing plugs and wires, and at the same time my battery quit on me. I checked all through those.

Hope anything in that helps.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by 3000gt16
Okay so all fuses are good, I assume that includes the relays on the firewall? If not, check those I had an issue with one of them, if so, a few things I would check in your position:

~95 eclipse was obd2, get your hands on a reader maybe you can see if you cooked the ecu.
~check connections and wiring from the alternator.
~Check plugs/wires/coil if theyre old.

Again, not guaranteeing a in any of those, just what I would be checking out. When mine randomly stopped turning over I noticed one of the relays was toast, ironically right after doing plugs and wires, and at the same time my battery quit on me. I checked all through those.

Hope anything in that helps.
yea i have a obd2 scanner and checked for codes nothing also i replaced the spark plugs along with the valve cover gasket and thermostat and upper rad hose checked all connections to the new altenator but did not check the relays i think 2 are mounted on the firewall next to the master cylinder if im not mistaken but i will recheck everything tomorow and go from there by the way what are the 2 relays for on the firewall

Old 02-03-2010, 04:54 PM

so today i rechecked everything and all was good until i got back to the ecu so i unplug the ecu to check it but when i go to but it back the fan, fuel pump and all relays start to click then stop only when i play with the ecu does this happen but when its pluged in all the way i get nothing only when i play with the ecu connection everything starts to click (relays) but then stops when i put the connecter all the way in i really dont know wats going on maybe the ecu is faulty some one please help im stuck

Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 PM

any other help please

Old 02-08-2010, 08:00 PM

help sos

Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 PM

I believe the relays on the firewall are related to starting, but notpositive, I can check the book tomorrow. As to the ecu thing, Im guessing theres a bad connection/broken wire that as you move it around youre losing and gaining connection to that certain wire. My gf's nissan sentra has anissue with the positive battery cable, that itll randomly break connection so when you try to turn it over again it may not work, you gotta fiddle with it to get the connection again.

Again Ill look into the relays thing in the morning. Hope youre havin some kinda luck

Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by 3000gt16
I believe the relays on the firewall are related to starting, but notpositive, I can check the book tomorrow. As to the ecu thing, Im guessing theres a bad connection/broken wire that as you move it around youre losing and gaining connection to that certain wire. My gf's nissan sentra has anissue with the positive battery cable, that itll randomly break connection so when you try to turn it over again it may not work, you gotta fiddle with it to get the connection again.

Again Ill look into the relays thing in the morning. Hope youre havin some kinda luck
thanks man this car is kicking me in the but haven't drove the car since and i need it back on the road