2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

95gst cranking... cranking... cranking...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Default RE: 95gst cranking... cranking... cranking...

well.. id go for the coil... but im not 100% sure, coil is the one thats supposed to feed it

Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 AM

Ive been reading up on this and ALOT of people are having problems with the mfi and fuel pump relay. There both located on the passangerside on the console and thats where i heard the buzzing.
Thoughts?

Old 09-12-2008, 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Scubba.steve

Ive been reading up on this and ALOT of people are having problems with the mfi and fuel pump relay. There both located on the passangerside on the console and thats where i heard the buzzing.
Thoughts?
Funny, I was just thinking that as I was reading the other posts. That would be were I would start. Just go ahead and pull the entire center console. Mine were on the passenger side dash bracket...or were they on the tunnel? Bah! Check the console bracket first, lol.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:02 AM

Were your relays bad?
Is there a way to test these and see if there good?
Is it possible if they are bad you will hear a buzzing sound?
Thanks man

Old 09-12-2008, 09:06 AM

probaly some stupid connection came loose within the towing that has to do with your spark. check all the connections under the hood and make sure all the spark plug wires are on tight.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

^^stupid suggestion, haha.

I agree with silver, check the relays. Yes it will make that buzzing noise when they are going bad. Id start with the MFI relay

Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 AM

Ok great, Yea i found in my haynes manual how to check if there bad...
Now i just need to buy an ohm meter.... O well, everyone should have one. Ive just putting off buying one. Now is there any autoparts store thats gonna carry these relays fairly cheap?
Thanks.
Will let everyone know results Monday when i can actually get time to work on the vehicle.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:51 PM

Ok so i had alittle time b4 i had to go into work today. Pulled off the passangerside console and there was the MFI relay. Didnt have my haynes with me but its supposed to measure 70ohms at 2 certian termials. I tested every terminal and found that all measured 0 resistance, until i hit one termial and it registered 87ohms. Is it possible it wouldnt get spark because of to much resistance? Also when turning the key over you could feel the relay clicking in your hand.
Im pretty sure this is my problem but not 100% certian. I will take my haynes with me on sunday and know for sure when i check the terminals. Only thing that pisses me off is that this is a dealer only item and will have to wait to monday to get a price check on this.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:32 PM

Checked the coils and ignition mudule. Both came out fine. Sucks though cause the Mfi relay is a dealer only item. Called the local mitsu dealer and relay is right around $60.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:41 PM

what!? damn... well if your ignition and everything else is fine, im afraid youll have to replace that relay, but lets wait for TE or for John to let you know if theres another way you can get it, i dunno what kind of a relay it might be.

Quick Reply: 95gst cranking... cranking... cranking...