2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

98 GS-T Spyder questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Default 98 GS-T Spyder questions

Hi, I recently purchased a 98 spyder convertible and need a few pointers. I don't want to do too much modding to it because it's just a daily driver while I am doing some work on my other car (www.cardomain.com/id/wendyc). I do however notice that on the spoiler, in the middle there is something missing maybe? On the underneath there are bolt holes maybe for a brake light? but no wires.... What if anything is supposed to go there?

Also, is there a place to order oem parts? I want to replace the thing that holds the seatbelt on the passenger side and a defrost vent on the driver's door.... Where can I find interior parts like this?

Thanks!

Sorry pic isn't great, it hasn't stopped raining since I got it home. [>:]

Old 01-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Default RE: 98 GS-T Spyder questions

Open your phone book and call some junkyards and/or used parts places, probably the easiest way to find stuff like that if they happen to have any eclipses. Nice stang by the way, nice to see a V6 that's done right. I've got a 86 GT vert and one of my friends has a 98 GT that he's just broken into high 12's with.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the info! I am spoiled by the parts available for the Mustangs. I live in a small town and there really isn't anyplace I would think would have what I need. I am going shopping out of town in a few days. I'll call ahead and see what I can find.

As for the Mustang, I hope it turns out well. It should. I think I could get close to 400 rwhp by upping the boost but I can't because I didn't go as far as forged internals. For a daily driver it's going to be sweet though! I've had it since it was new and can't stand to part with it so I decided why not have a little fun with it. It's cool to see someone else sharing my interests over here!

Old 01-04-2005, 02:47 PM

Yea, I know, especially when you go to the fox bodies, you can get every little piece you can think of from places like 50resto and eslewhere. There just aren't companies that make the same kind of parts for these cars. I used to have a prelude for a few months I got from a friend and I heard the same kind of things from those people looking for weather stripping and all kinds of little things they can't find anywhere. I've had my stang for about 4 years now and I will probably end up selling it this spring, not something I'm looking foreward to doing but I can't justify keeping it anymore, especially since I have my eclipse now and since I have something else with some power and potential I might be able to bring myself to part with it.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:27 PM

Yeah 50resto was just what I was thinking. I am surprised there isn't anywhere for parts for these. They are pretty popular. Seems there is a lot of aftermarket stuff (some a little too rice for me). I hate to see you get rid of your stang but I am also wondering why I didn't get rid of mine. I am dumping WAY too much money in it.....[:'(]

Old 01-05-2005, 07:41 PM

LOL, yea, It's got a little surface rust like around the bottom of the door seams that I would need to take care of if I was to keep it but I don't think I want to put the time and money into it, as much as I'd like I really don't need two cars. As for these and parts the reason we can't find the same kind of parts is that they are not old enough. Even with the fox bodies people are starting to restore them so there is enough of a market for those little obscure parts. Us on the other hand, if someone was to make all those parts they'd never sell enough to make it worthwile. Plus the mustang is the second longest running production car (corvette being the longest), but there are 10 fold as many mustangs out there as corvettes.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 AM

If you can get part numbers for the parts requested I can get you prices at below list.

It is a dealership around here that also does shipping. If I can find the website I will post it up.