2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

AEM Short Ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Default RE: AEM Short Ram

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer
i would try and stay away from ebay. Quality is not always very good.
normally i would completely agree with this however. a LOT of my eclipse was from ebay (including the car itself) and the only thing i can really say i didn't like from ebay was the body kit and i think all fiberglass is like that so i can't really knock on ebay for the quality. the headlights, speakers, strut bars, valve cover, used AEM Cold air intake, OBX header, OBX high flow cat, after market reverse glow gauges and HVAC gauges... all from ebay and no problems. now the OBX high flow cat did tear on me (good think i know how to weld it back shut) but i think that was not their fault. my exhaust had more stress on it b/c Hahn Racecraft sent me the exhaust for the GS-T intead of the GS so i had to cut the exhaust and weld it back together and when i did it wasn't perfect so it was a tad bit twisted. but anyways... stay away from TURBO products but othe than that, i don't hae a problem with it.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:26 PM

that memory switch is supposed to keep your seat where you want it after you move it i believe mine works not that big of a deal

Old 04-27-2007, 04:48 PM

haha, no bubble bursted here, i did beat a mustang, but i put that in my post as a joke... eclipse rs's are good if you're just going for looks, as far as being quick i wouldnt hold your breath lol, even though it's been said time and time again, if you want a quick car, save the money you would have put into the looks of your rs and just buy a gsx... i didnt take this advice, but im workin on it!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:01 PM

Ok, here i am to post in my topic

First off, the gain from the intake was maybe 5hp, if that.
But I have been getting about 2-4mpg better since.
Next weekend I am getting a Borla exhaust for dirt cheap. Header, muffler, piping, etc.

And as far as eBaying for parts, its not a bad idea.... as long as you're smart about it.
Research the seller, the product, etc. and avoid getting scammed.
If you do eBay right, it can be a good thing.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:40 AM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

yea man, my car's a 96 rs... for what it is it's fairly quick, i've beaten a stock mustang in it... i dunno, yea, go for looks, im probably sellin mine in a bit for a gsx... oh! future notice, doing all the work urself will save you a boat load of money... my story is i bought the kit of ebay (only cause i was planning on molding it in, if you're not molding it in than i would highly suggest buying straight from the company or else the fitment will look awful) for like 400 shipped, bought the front bumper from directly from the manufacturer (cause i didnt mold that in)... i molded it up at school, got black halos off of ebay and love em, wheels off of wheels boutique with nitto nt555 tires for about 1500 shipped, blacked out the tails myself, smoothed and painted the interior myself, and the intake and muffler were on it when i bought it... this all would have costed over 10 grand to get done somewhere else, and thats not including the price of the car... this all cost me maybe 7, including price of the car... so be smart when you shop around, and try to do as much of the work yourself... good luck man! and have fun!
how is the light dispersment on the black projectors? that is about my only concern with them. and is it difficult to wire up the halo portion of it or how does that even work?
Josh sorry to hijack your thread. it honestly started as a question

Old 04-28-2007, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Joshewuhh

And as far as eBaying for parts, its not a bad idea.... as long as you're smart about it.
Research the seller, the product, etc. and avoid getting scammed.
If you do eBay right, it can be a good thing.
That quote right there my friends is only right about 100% of the time. [sm=smiley20.gif]
I do this every time I buy from ebay and I've bought a lot of low priced quality stuff there, a lot of people do it every day. I don't know why people bitch about ebay all the time. Maybe the folks that fell for the "JDM" thing when buying parts for their 4g63, lol...btw, there's really no such thing as JDM for an Eclipse since they were made in the US and the Japanese 4g63 is the same in spec (except the cyclone manifold...blah) as the US 4g63...to include crankwalk (for those that didn't catch the JDM sarcasm). There's nothing wrong with ebay, just the buyers who fall for stupid stuff because they don't do their research.

That memory switch locks the stop mechanism in place, so that when you lift the seat forward to let someone in to the "back seats" and tilt it back to position it will go back into your preferred position if pushed forward (towards the steering wheel), I believe. You should hear a click when done right.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:31 AM

ORIGINAL: lycan84

how is the light dispersment on the black projectors? that is about my only concern with them. and is it difficult to wire up the halo portion of it or how does that even work?
Josh sorry to hijack your thread. it honestly started as a question
I can't say from experience but I have read A LOT of griping about those H1 bulb projectors. Things like low light output, glaring onto oncoming traffic, and such. I can find several posts for you about them in other sites. Actually, most of those threads go into retro fitting HIDs and using the projector part as the..well, the projectors, lol.
Here's some examples of not doing research on ebay products and falling for their sales pitch
EASY TO INSTALL AND REQUIRES NO MODIFICATION
You have to wire the halo wiring into the parking lights, that's a modification
PROJECT LENS INCREASES NIGHTTIME VISION BY 50 %!
How do foglight H1 bulbs throw out 50% more lighting than a 9006 low beam headlight bulb?
SAE DOT APPROVED FOR STREE LEGAL USE
I'd like to see this or someone tell me that "SAE DOT APPROVED" is on these lenses, like the stock ones are, if it's not, then it's not.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:45 AM

man im glad im asking questions i really like the look of those black ones but if its that much trouble and they are not street legal f it.