2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

big problem with turbo what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: big problem with turbo what should i do?

K here goes. I'm using the diagram for the STOCK BOV. Which is refered to as the bypass valve. You have 3 connection spots on the stock one. On the top connecting to the IC piping, a medium one in the middle that connects to the intake hose that runs into the turbo and the final one is a small one on the bottom that would normally go right to the wastegate of the turbo. You should run the MBC in THAT line if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong here guys but I'm going off the stock diagram here.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:40 PM

that sounds different than what mine looks like. my bov goes to ic pipe, to intake which goes to turbo, then to the intake manifold/throttle body area.... it is a 98 gst.... i am just confused!

Old 11-03-2005, 01:13 AM

hey, i just realized that if you have a stock bov you dont ahve a vacuum line going to it i dont think (damn its been so long since I was stock). anyway.... so yea the boost controller has 2 nipples right?? 1 nipple will connect a vacuum line to the shiny turbo part i pointed out. The other nipple on the boost controller will connect to a vacuum line. you will have a vacuum line coming off of your intake manifold right behind the engine. you need to "cut" this line, connect a plastic T fitting to each end and the third end connects to the boost controller. The boost controller should come with the T but if it didnt home depot has em. Im ataching a pic of the vacuum line that you need to cut.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:17 AM

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dskate...bc.jpg&.src=ph

(uploading to the site didnt work but there ya go)

Old 11-03-2005, 01:19 AM

oh by the way, you need to upgrade your bov asap. the stock plastic one starts to leak at more than 12psi. In other words, using a boost controller to up the boost will do nothing, it will still be around 12psi.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:20 AM

thanks a lot! i will do that tomorrow, and then... where do i put the boost guage? just on any vaccum line? or is there a special one? also.. do i just lock off the vaccum hole to the solenoid and leave it? i am gonna do that boost controller thing in the morning.... i was planning on running like 10psi.... what is it set to stock? just wondering.... thanks a lot!

Old 11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Administrator

i made another crude drawing. it should hopefully clear things up. mind you, this is a general idea, (and what the system on my daytona will look like, not a DSM)

[IMG]local://upfiles/3223/A23096EB0A5F41EEAA26EC4F18496F35.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

You don't have a boost gage already installed? I'm not sure what stock setting is for it but I've heard people running anywhere between 15-19 stock... I dunno... I know how to hook things up and where to put parts but not a whole lot about settings yet as I haven't a car up here to dick w the turbo yet.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: jerusry

thanks a lot! i will do that tomorrow, and then... where do i put the boost guage? just on any vaccum line? or is there a special one? also.. do i just lock off the vaccum hole to the solenoid and leave it? i am gonna do that boost controller thing in the morning.... i was planning on running like 10psi.... what is it set to stock? just wondering.... thanks a lot!
stock setting on a stock turbo is ~12psi due to the BCS. now that you have a boost controller you can set it to whatever you want, but like i said it will not go past 12psi because the bov will leak. once you get a new one its safe to run a 16g up to 15-16psi on stock fuel.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 PM

ok, well i installed the mbc on my car the way you told me to. and i didnt have a boost guage yet, but i drove down the street and mbc fully open... and fully closed and there was no difference in either and it is running the same as without the mbc!i dunno what to do! this sucks... hey, DSMTalonAWD51.... do ya think if i gave you a few bucks for gas and whatever that you might be able to come down here to el cajon and try to solve my P.O.S. problem... cuz it is really hard to communicate what is going on w/ my car online... and i would prefer someone that knows about this stuff, to drive my car and figure it out... that would really help me and my being and idiot a lot![>:]

Quick Reply: big problem with turbo what should i do?