2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

big problem with turbo what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Default RE: big problem with turbo what should i do?

it is internally gated

Old 11-01-2005, 05:48 PM

it might just be pointless to put the boost to 10psi the stock bov i beleve will not let the boost go past the stock 7-8psi correct me if i am wrong.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:53 PM

well you are probably right.... i was just gonna tinker until i get my bov. and keep the boost low... but, really need to figure out the problem of the non compressor housing vacum line... and where to put my mbc since i dont have a compressor housing hookup... would it be a really bad idea to make my own hole?? i realy have know clue as to what to do right now.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

it might just be pointless to put the boost to 10psi the stock bov i beleve will not let the boost go past the stock 7-8psi correct me if i am wrong.
Im sure it will go past 7-8PSI but it will just leak badly. The EVO stock BOV leaks over 16PSI my car pulls to 19PSI but by redline it tapers down to like 17PSI if I replace it I should spool and hold boost where I want it.

As far as where the MBC goes I am confussed becasue generally it is an easy mod to do.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

What's the little green dot on the top right of the turbo isn't that where the line SHOULD go in?

Old 11-01-2005, 08:49 PM

it is like that turbo not exactly the same... it doesn't even have anything to show where it should be or anything. if i were to just make my own "hole" then it would fix the problem right? so if i did should i just put it where that is? and would that fix my boosting problem? even if i didn't have the mbc wouldn't the car keep the turbo boosting properly itself?? thanks to everyone who has responded thus far and will in the future...

Old 11-02-2005, 12:22 AM

see that nipple coming off the shiny brass gate? put one end of the boost controller to that, and the other end you need to connect to the vacuum line near your bov.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

That's about what I thought but being that I haven't much turbo experience I wasn't gonna jump out and say it myself.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:12 AM

which vaccum line near the bov? do you have maybe a quick sketech or a picture of it? also, what do i do about the wastegate solenoid valve what do i connect to that? or should i block it off? cuz i have the vaccum going from the actuator to the solenoid... then back in the intake... but for starters... which vaccum line near the bov? what does it connect to. thanks for the help.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:52 PM

plz help guyz.... i am in dire need.. my car is so close to right and i ahve not been driving it for 2 months cuz it ran bad and i had to get a new turbo... i am so close and so desperate!!!!!!! i am goin crazy!!!

Quick Reply: big problem with turbo what should i do?