2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

BIGGEST DECISION IN MY LIFE TIME!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Default RE: BIGGEST DECISION IN MY LIFE TIME!!!!!!

lol you did..i thank you ..for a minute i might of done it...i realized what i wanted to..thanks again.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:28 AM

9 - 11's........ that's a HUGE gap to close!!!!! lol sounds sketchy to me, i know you already decided but... just to shady... i'd DEFINATLY have to drive it first

Old 05-21-2006, 05:40 AM

You guys are so one sided, its like watching a michael moore movie. Hondas dont suck. You can swap in a really good motor, and make a honda pretty fast, for about the same money as a DSM. Expand your tastes a little. Theres a fine line between being proud, and being a bigot. Im getting sick of this forum.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:48 AM

i think my car is can do 11's..haven't tested it on a track yet though..

Old 05-21-2006, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

You guys are so one sided, its like watching a michael moore movie. Hondas dont suck. You can swap in a really good motor, and make a honda pretty fast, for about the same money as a DSM. Expand your tastes a little. Theres a fine line between being proud, and being a bigot. Im getting sick of this forum.
your an idiot then. I will never see any honda run 9s then be driven on the street later the same day. EVOs and DSMs can do that all the time. Honda motors were not designed to be race motors just quick reliable econmic cars. the S2000 was made for autocrossing taking corners well not 1/4 times.

Every honda that has a swap and is N\A that I have ever seen has been deathly slow. and with my car it took $950 in mods and I am a mid 12 sec car. A honda with $950 in mods will run maybe a 13.9 if it is lucky

Old 05-21-2006, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: gstTurbo2011

What mods does it have. I can almost garentee it isnt running 11s

Old 05-21-2006, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: gstTurbo2011

So that would mean that you have to cross the finish line of the 1/4 mile somewhere around 130... can you get your car to 130 in 11 seconds?

Your right, hondas can be fast but by turboing a n/a motor(even if its built) using the piggy back systems and the fmu's the car is still inferior to a factory turbo car. Ya know when your acelerating and you have to pause for a second(maybe if your in traffic) so you dont take your foot all the way off the gas just half way to keep your speed for that fraction of a second. Thats called "part throttling". A ecu has two modes of fuel delivery: open loop at wot, and closed loop at cursing. During part throttle using a sfmu or safcII setup when you part throttle for that quick second the ecu switches to closed loop and the sfmu or safc can feed enough gas and the car leans out. It may not sound all that bad, which it really isant for less then a second, but many kids who boost their 2g non turbo eclipse fry their first motor that way. Same goes with hondas.

I am all for building sleepers, matter fact righ now I am saving up for a turbo/truck project. But when you go to a dsm forum asking whats better a dam or a honda obviously any one on the forum who can type the letters "dsm" will say hondas suck no matter their knowlage of cars. This is turly a decision that can only be made by the owner of the car. Things like this actually **** me off becuase I hate people who need others to make decisions for them. If your trying to compair and contrast the good and bads the only way that your going to get an un-biest information is by researching it your self. Anyone with ties to either comunity is going to have their personal opnion.

I am a speed guy, looks dont matter a damn, its cheaper to make a factory boosted car fast. Thats why I think he sould keep his car. Its got nothing to do with looks or reputation.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

Your right, hondas can be fast but by turboing a n/a motor(even if its built) using the piggy back systems and the fmu's the car is still inferior to a factory turbo car. Ya know when your acelerating and you have to pause for a second(maybe if your in traffic) so you dont take your foot all the way off the gas just half way to keep your speed for that fraction of a second. Thats called "part throttling". A ecu has two modes of fuel delivery: open loop at wot, and closed loop at cursing. During part throttle using a sfmu or safcII setup when you part throttle for that quick second the ecu switches to closed loop and the sfmu or safc can feed enough gas and the car leans out. It may not sound all that bad, which it really isant for less then a second, but many kids who boost their 2g non turbo eclipse fry their first motor that way. Same goes with hondas.

I am all for building sleepers, matter fact righ now I am saving up for a turbo/truck project. But when you go to a dsm forum asking whats better a dam or a honda obviously any one on the forum who can type the letters "dsm" will say hondas suck no matter their knowlage of cars. This is turly a decision that can only be made by the owner of the car. Things like this actually **** me off becuase I hate people who need others to make decisions for them. If your trying to compair and contrast the good and bads the only way that your going to get an un-biest information is by researching it your self. Anyone with ties to either comunity is going to have their personal opnion.

I am a speed guy, looks dont matter a damn, its cheaper to make a factory boosted car fast. Thats why I think he sould keep his car. Its got nothing to do with looks or reputation.
Alright alright. I understand it's easier to get more power out of a factory turbo car...I'm just getting tired of hearing that hondas full-on suck.