2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

BOV installation instead of Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Default RE: BOV installation instead of Bypass

What exactly is a GM MAF?

Old 03-21-2006, 10:30 PM

it is a Mass Air Flow sensor made by General Motors here is a link to one.http://dsm.dejonpowerhouse.com/

Old 03-21-2006, 10:53 PM

Can i just purchase this GM MAF and replace it with my stock MAF sensor? Do i have to purchase anything else? All I have to do is replace my MAF with this GM MAF and thats it right?

Old 03-21-2006, 10:55 PM

gm maf and the adapter from your plug to a gm plug it is on that site as well

Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 PM

Alright, but once i buy this GM MAF and the adaptor, then i can cover up the intake pipe and put on a BOV, right?

Old 03-21-2006, 11:29 PM

ya but it would be way eaiser just to recurculate it.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:28 AM

Ok, i'm going to put in my 2 cents. I appologize if any or all of this info is repeated. I was reading down the posts and got Really ADD. Ok,
With the 2g's (i'm sure with the others, but i've got a 2g and that's all i know) you will need keep the BOV connected to the intake. If you don't you can hurt your ECU. I thought I was all cool and disconnected the pipe and blocked the Intake BOV inlet. The BOV ptshh sounded Great, but it KILLED my gas milage. i was getting about 20 mpg and never went above 75 mph. The ECU is compenstating for the Extra air that isn't there. So you may eventually hurt the ECU. If you want the Loud ptshh sound there are other BOV's out there that are dual outleted (sorry cant think of the actual word). one goes into the Intake to keep the ECU happy, the other lets out a louder ptshh sound.
The reason your car is shutting off while reving or gunning it is because of turbo leak. I actually learned that for Emonz earlier this month. ONce in a while you may get the Check Engine light to come on. My tubing actually fell off this mornign and my check engine light popped on. scared me for a sec until i realized what had happened. If this does happen, dislocate the Neg terminal for 10 minutes to reset the code.

the GM MAF will allow you to Allow the BOV to not have to be ported back into the intake. They are expensive though.

Wow, again i'm sorry if this is all repeated info. I just wanted to put in my 2cents

Old 03-22-2006, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: agallardo

Alright, but once i buy this GM MAF and the adaptor, then i can cover up the intake pipe and put on a BOV, right?
GM MAF and you can have the BOV as loud as you want.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

just put the damn dump tube back to the intake. What is the big deal with recirculating?

Old 03-22-2006, 12:07 PM

Because the tip of the BOV is curved outward. It didnt come with a straight pipe out. I was just trying to figure out another way to put it on. Obviously recirculating is the best idea. Thanks

Quick Reply: BOV installation instead of Bypass