2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

burning oil!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Default burning oil!!

My rs burns oil like a mother F***er its somewhere around 5 liters in 10-12 days.... (sigh)..amazing... someone told me the i would have to replace some rings and something about they might be cracked and leaking and thats why it burns the oil so bad. I was also wondering if this would contribute to my car having some interesting acceleration..... when i hit the gas like a normal person would my acceleration is horrible but i know the car weighs alot so i thought it was because of that and then in order for me to accelerate any faster i have to floor it then ill get some alright acceleration but something around my exhaust rattles so i only have two acceleration speeds really S***ty and really crazy. I was wonderin what would cause my car to do this??

Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Default RE: burning oil!!

wow... um that's not good lol 5 liters in 10-12 days? thats a **** load of oil... it could be a couple things. 1. your valve stem seals, blown blown blown head gasket lol we are talking in SEROUSLY bad shape, or blowby. do you have any problem w/ ur coolant level or engine temp? any idle problems?

for your acceleration problem... these 2 problems may be intertwined, if you are getting blowby (which is what ur friend was talking about w/ ur rings, ur pistons rings have gaps, holes or cracks in them so they don't hold the pressur of the explosion in the chamber and the power literly - blows by the piston.) than you won't be getting the power that you should and this could case your crappy accelleration. you can do a compression test to figure this out which you can get a tester at auto zone, advance auto etc etc. that would be my first test b/c it's the cheapest. let us know if it works.