2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

clutch plz help (updated) x2

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Default RE: clutch plz help

Thanks for the reply but im alittle confused. If the pedal stops going to the floor and the switch is in the floor how will it get pushed... b/c it doesnt seem like the clutch is suposed to go all the way to the floor its causing un natrual waer on my carpet.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

i always had a spot on my carpet from my clutch pedal going to the floor. Its normal

Old 01-17-2008, 07:59 AM

Thanks and thank god for this comunity, if it wasnt for this site and the ppl on it i dont know if i would still be putting up with my DSM's $#!+ Lots has gone wrong with it so far but nothing i couldent fix my self. Before this clutch problem my car over heated in a parking lot and dumped coolant all over the ground. Its a shame to see such a pretty car in dire straits like that. After tinkering i found out my radiator fan wasnt working. And it blew the cap off of my overfill. Thats allso the point of time i realized that my car didnt have a dummy light for over heating. So now i watch my temp gauge as much if not more than my speedomiter. Any way replaced the fan moter and problem fixed. My last Question before i go out and do this is... When i fix master cyclinder i have to bleed the lines right? Well i read on here that theres something called a bleeder valve can some one plz tell me were thats located? And am i going to be able to bleed the lines my self? the only ones here is me, my pos dsm, and my laptop.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

sorry but you need two people to bleed the clutch fluid. One to open and close the valve and the other to be pumping the pedal until stiff. The bleeder valve is a bolt located on the slave cylinder under the car toward the middle. This is a nice write up that has the bleeding proceedure
http://www.plymouthlaser.com/slave2.htm

Here is the general idea:
1. Fill fluid resevior
2. Make sure bleeder is closed
3. Open and have person press clutch pedal to floor and hold.
4. Then close valve and raise pedal.

Then just repeat this till the clutch pedal is fully firm.

Also make sure to check every so often that you have enough fluid still in the resevior and fill as needed.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:29 PM

Ok, here is how my experiance went. I got the master cyclinder repair kit spent all night reparing the cyclinder and put it back on the car. All of wich was a pain in the @$$. Only to realize it leaked is nowworse than before. So i had to go out and buy a new MC (75 bucks) and install it after bleeding lines it worked great. So beware of of the master cyclinder repair kit's that are linked in my first post thay are $#!+. But all is well now thanks for the help in my situation.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

Im glad everything worked out.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:48 PM

thanks sebba, but im a dumb @$$ when i repaired the old MC i put the piston in piston first spring last it needed to be turned around to spring first piston last. So the kit did work i fixed the original MC and took the after market one back. I lied and said it leaked so i could get my 75 bucks back. I know its getto but im a broke bitch. And the repaired MC had better compresion and made the clutch stiffer than the aftermarket one i got that was from tiewan! So basicaly the kits work. dumb @$$'s beware the kit comes with no intructions and the piston goes in the cyclinder spring first!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

Gotta do what you gotta do : )