2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

clutch slipping???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Default clutch slipping???

I just got my car back from a local alarm shop and when i drove it home i notice that the car was having a hard time picking up speed. When in gear i step on the gas and the tach would rev up high and the speed would pick up very slow. Dont feel like it picking up speed. Not should if this mean that my clutch is mess up. It wasnt like that when i drop the car off to put on a alarm system. I mean i can still drive the car, but have to push on the gas slowly for the car to pick up speed. Hope you guys can help me out.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:48 AM
Default RE: clutch slipping???

ask the shop if they took your car out for a test drive!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 05:40 AM

Chances are, they had someone who couldn't drive your car correctly and revved it high to get it going, so as to not stall out.
Adjust your clutch pedal, so that you are bringing in more of the pedal rod into the cabin.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 PM

Man, i ****ing knew it.When the guy from the alarm shop was backing out he was having a hard time doing it. He then asked me, is my tranny mess up. I was like no, i got in the car and back it out like what the hell are you talking about. I should have knew that that was a sign. Anyway, what would be a good clutch? not looking to spend too much on one. I already know labor is a bitch.Just want a clutch that will last for a couple of year, im not racing my car at all. just for daily driving.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:00 PM

what year and model eclipse do you have? if you aren't going to be racing it or anything i'd just get an OEM one... if you have any friends who knw anything about clutches or transmissions... its not hard to change a clutch out at all!!! I'd also go to the alarm shop and be like "this wasn't like this when i dropped it off, now it is. and freakin TELL them that they are paying for at least half of the clutch!" if they deny it, tell them to have the person that backed it up before get in it and drive it, if he rides the clutch like a "****" than theres your answer!

Old 02-08-2007, 03:17 PM

I got a 98 eclipse gst. Would it be best to get the clutch from dealership or advance auto? Its too cold out for any of my friends to even thinking about messing with taking off the tranny.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:21 PM

go to the audio shop and make em pay man!!! i would raise hell in there!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM

damn skippy!! don't go to a dealer****!!! they will prolly charge you 500bucks or some rediculous number, go to advanced auto or whatever. if they do agree to pay you may be able to get some kind of upgraded one though! even if you don't race it will up the car's value

Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 PM

I got a better idea for you. Go to mitsubishiparts.com. They are way cheaper, only problem is you will probably have to wait about 2 weeks or so. Thats where I bought my OEM Cat and Front Pipe. I have the same clutch problem as you, previous owner burned the crap out of it. But im going for the ACT clutch kit not OEM. If you go to the site you'll see the difference in price.

Note: Make sure to click on the "Mitsubishi OEM Catalog" on the left otherwise your on the newer vehicle body and interior section.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:30 PM

If i were you, id go with an act 2100

Quick Reply: clutch slipping???