2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Crankwalk

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Default RE: Crankwalk

the color of the oil does not signify how polluted it is. Only an oil analysis can do that.
all oil darkens with age/use.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

No but it indicates that the oil is flushing crap out and should probably have a few changes in fairly quick succession to keep it from going straight black immediately.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:27 AM

Can someone please tell me exactly where the crank pulley is so i can try to move it and see if it is crank walk

Old 11-26-2006, 12:31 AM

its right behind the driver wheel. it got one big bolt in the center and four smaller ones around it.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:28 AM

Well its not crank walk because that pulley is not movin for anything. Im hoping it might be lifter tick but it sounds too aggressive for that. And the belt squeks when i hold in the clutch and i dont know if it stops when i release it because i turn off the car to avoid damage but it has rained so damn much around here i think its condensation

Old 11-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

All right then if you think it's lifter tick here's the easiest way to find out. Put the car on ramps. Now get a nice long screwdriver (Doesn't matter what kind you'll see why in a sec). Start the car and go to the engine. Put the tip of the screwdriver on the valve cover and your ear to the other end of the screwdriver. LISTEN to what the screwdriver tells you. See if you can ID the sound coming fromt he top. If not then go UNDER the car and do the same to the edge of the oil pan. Does it sound like it's coming from there? Try to pinpoint WHERE the sound is eminating from the strongest and that will give you a good idea what your problem is. Let us know what you hear and wheree after you do this.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:04 AM

and, if you have the screwdriver to your ear, and have a bad plug wire, you find out real f-ing quick when it lights your *** up
.... just a tip, try and avoid the wires - it hurts[>:]

Old 11-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to guess you've learned this through experience? I would hope he'd go somewhere AWAY from the plug wires but hey... LOL That's awesome.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:56 PM

yea, i did that on an old chevy V8 with a MSD 53,000 volt coil, it about put me on the ground, lol
i wasnt all that close to the wire but it arced over to the screwdriver

maybe the squeaking belt he's hearing is a spun bearing that hasnt developed into an extremely loud knock yet
or maybe like my engine a balance shaft floppin around with a trashed bearing,.. maybe its pitson slap, if i could hear it i could give my opinion alot better

Old 11-26-2006, 11:48 PM

**** it. Im just going to take it to a shop. I have a HKS BB turbo sitting on my desk im going to sell it fix the god damn car and call it a day. I i try to fix it myself im only going to do more harm then good and im probably going to hurt myself too

Quick Reply: Crankwalk