2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Crankwalk

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Default RE: Crankwalk

Welll ill be willing to buy a new Crank, Cam, And pistons and get me and my friend marshal to put it in. His shop has one tool chest worth more then all of our cars combined and he knows everything there is about engines, its amazing but if thats the case ill try that. I just got it towed back to my place today some im going to let it chill untill i get the right wrench to get the plugs out and look inside the sleves to see with piston the damage to if its not all of them

Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 PM

I was on slowbayracing and i was looking at rod and piston combos. Does that come with 4 pistons and rods or just one. Im pretty sure all 4 tho. and i know i wrote cam up top when i ment to say rods

Old 11-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius
If I were in the position you're in I'd be looking at diong a bulletproof lower end build. Replace the crank, rods, and pistons with higher end performance parts. But that's just me.
thats what im saying

a spun bearing can be the end of the motor very easily though... Keiths stealth had a spun bearing and it trashed the turbos and heads BADLLLYYYYYYYYYY needed to buy a new motor\head\turbos too bad it just spun another bearing again though ouch!!
Not the end of the motor just a few key pieces. The block is hard to thrash via a spun bearing (Though continued driving on a spun bearing CAN do just that). The only thing I could see happening that would kill the turbo and the head would be if pieces got caught in the oil lines thus starving the turbo and heads for oil... What exactly happened that it caused his to self destruct?

Black I wiped your double post for ya . I'm fairly certain that they are 4 rod sets it would be retarded to replace a single rod or piston and leave the other 3. Besides the fact that you're already in there and have things apart, who knows what other damage there might be. Just my $0.02.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:45 PM

the motor was driven by the old owner at like 100+ mph with a spun bearing and all then he would start it and rev the motor for everyone even though it was trashed. then keith bought it and went to town 4 years after the motor was origanally trashed

Old 11-15-2006, 11:55 PM

Okay thanks for getting rid of that extra post lol. But yeah thats what i thought about the piston and rod combo. When i was drving the car i slamed the accelartor and nothing happened then i let off and the car stalled and i pulled it over to the side of the road to a parking lot, checked the oil, added some tried to start it again, it mad that sound and i was like F that im leaving it and i tried to start it like 3 times since then just to re-hear the sound but let it run no more then 2 seconds MAX. And a belt also squeaks now but i think that condonsation or could that be the timing belt slipping or somthing of that nature?

Old 11-15-2006, 11:58 PM

the reason i went with a new motor is because i drove it for about 10 miles after it happened.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 AM

Oaky well im going to do my best to salvage what i can since alot is new on it then if not im going to try to get a EVo engine

Old 11-16-2006, 01:11 AM

What if i got a 7 blot stroker kit. Because Kit Includes:

Manley Rods w/ARP Rod Bolts
Wiseco 7-Bolt Stroker Piston w/ Rings
Clevite Main Bearings
Clevite Rod Bearings
4G64 Crank

Wiseco 7 Bolt Stroker Piston Compression Ratio - 8.8:1

Manley 7 Bolt Rod Length - 5.900"

Now if your wondering how this stroker setup works, the 4G64 crank provides the extra stroke, while the stock length rod is used. The "voodoo machinist magic" is all in the piston. The stroker style pistons allow for the extra stroke and this makes the whole system work. This is no entry level toy either, this setup includes a fully forged piston and Manley I-Beam Rods Rated to 800 WHP! The 2.3 liter stroker is one of our favorite engine build ups because its a very basic system that makes good torque in the bottom end and will also help you spool that large turbo you have your eye one!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BlackMurcielago

What if i got a 7 blot stroker kit. Because Kit Includes:

Manley Rods w/ARP Rod Bolts
Wiseco 7-Bolt Stroker Piston w/ Rings
Clevite Main Bearings
Clevite Rod Bearings
4G64 Crank

Wiseco 7 Bolt Stroker Piston Compression Ratio - 8.8:1

Manley 7 Bolt Rod Length - 5.900"

Now if your wondering how this stroker setup works, the 4G64 crank provides the extra stroke, while the stock length rod is used. The "voodoo machinist magic" is all in the piston. The stroker style pistons allow for the extra stroke and this makes the whole system work. This is no entry level toy either, this setup includes a fully forged piston and Manley I-Beam Rods Rated to 800 WHP! The 2.3 liter stroker is one of our favorite engine build ups because its a very basic system that makes good torque in the bottom end and will also help you spool that large turbo you have your eye one!

I wouldnt go with wiseco. I would go with Ross. They are far better IMO

Old 11-16-2006, 09:58 AM

i got weisco pistons, my friend runs a straight drag car running their 15.0:1 pistons in their car and they said that they would never use another brand... BlackMercialago - the piston and rod combo's it is for a set. or should be at least. it should be apx 700 if it's all 4, i don't see much point in only selling one set.

Quick Reply: Crankwalk