2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Eclipse question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 03:09 AM
Default Eclipse question

Firstly, wouldnt this be one of the best imports to build off of, considering the GST already comes with a turbo!? ha, and yea how is it that all the imports have a lot less horsepower then like camaros and Transams and stuff, and lots of times beat them? is it because of the gearing and boost? lightness? One other thing, what do u guys think about parts on ebay. like the cold air intakes, people have said their junk, but their basically the same thing, if not wut would be the differencee?

Old 10-09-2005, 04:43 AM
Default RE: Eclipse question

The reason they win is the power to weight ratio. Yes a GS-T is a great platform to start with. Be careful with ebay. Some products are great while others are not, and some sellers are honest while others are not.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:41 AM

Well first thing stock for stock an eclipse GST will never beat a SS camaro or even a Z28. The ss is a mid 13 second car the seclipe is a low 15 second car. The only thing is the Eclipse will respond better to mods campared to any N\A car. A few bolt ons and you can catch right up to the camaros.

As far as ebay I really woulnt buy mods off of ebay. I have bought an intake yes it is cheaper and all it is is a pipe but it is smaller in Dia. and weaker. the forks used to bolt on will snap off and I have had mine crack my throttle body flange off more than 4 times before I figured out that it was the intake causing it.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:04 PM

yea that makes sense. What kind of bolt ons are you talking about, just like the intake? or what. Also, you kno how lots of people say not to even bother with the regular GS engine, well how do people with Civics get so fast, when their engine is even weaker then a stock GS one? iDK i was jw that

Old 10-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bolt ons are many actually. You can get the CAI as well as a catback exhaust just to name a couple. Therea re alot that you can do though with little to no technical knowledge whatsoever.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 PM

for example my EVO stock should run a 14.0 1\4 mile... add a turbo back exhaust ,intake, boost controller, and a reflash the car may be able to hit high 12s

Now say you have a civic SI those I think run high 14s stock add an intake exhaust and a VTEC controller and the car wont even come near hitting a high 13. Civics are not fast unless they are turbo charged or something a SI civic is quick but no it is not fast.

Basicly any turbo or supercharger car from the factory has a much higher potencial to gain HP and get faster with alot less time and effort. not to mention all of the mods listed above can be installed in a short amount of time and not very much knowledge is needed to install this stuff

Old 10-09-2005, 09:30 PM

Also factory turbo'd motors were built to handle more mods than factory n/a's.