2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

ECU Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Default ECU Problem

My car has a bad idle after i did a 6-bolt swap they said it could be from the ECU sitting so long and corroding? could that do it.

Symptoms-
Idle anywhere from 1000-2000
Bog when crusing for a while.
Wheni let of the throttle and press the clutch it will dip down to 150-200 then back to 1000-2000

Car-
96 Eclipse GS-T 6-Bolt Swap

And if it is that ECU could i greddy E-Manage take over and solve it because i can get my hands on it for cheap.

I attempted a boost leak check and the only thing i came up with was the recirculating hose from the wastegate was ripped but it seemed that the clap stopped it befor it could let anything out.

Any help is great.

What is that adapter your suppsoed to have for that swap? like the DSMlink or whatever

Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Default RE: ECU Problem

Did you a full motor or just block swap?
It doesn't sound like a good boost leak check.
I attempted a boost leak check and the only thing i came up with was the recirculating hose from the wastegate was ripped but it seemed that the clap stopped it befor it could let anything out.
I think you meant the recirc hose at the bov...and what's a clap? lol.
A surge would indicate either a boost leak, bad ISC, or a bad FIAV.
I think I need more clarification on what your car is actually doing. I see that it's surging, but what did you check?

Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Default RE: ECU Problem

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Did you a full motor or just block swap?
It doesn't sound like a good boost leak check.
I think you meant the recirc hose at the bov...and what's a clap? lol.
A surge would indicate either a boost leak, bad ISC, or a bad FIAV.
I think I need more clarification on what your car is actually doing. I see that it's surging, but what did you check?
Im just quoting to see what im looking at lol

It is a complete motor swap from block to head. It came out of a 91 Talon AWD ( i dont know the tag like TSi or whatever)

I checked all the pipes and tightened all of the hose clamps holding the piping together. I know the recirc hose is not included in the boostleak check but i just thought i would take a gander at it and i noticed it was ripped. And i meant that the hose clamping holding it on the wastegate or bov back to intake tube.

I have no idea where to start beuase i have no idea what they did when they did this swap, im finding things half assed and just wrong.

When i am crusing i can retain a CONSTANT speed at a CONSTANT throttle for about 20-30 seconds and then you can just feel a differenece in the engine and when you go to give it gas it will shake and feel like it is bogging. like it is not getting enough air or fuel.

If i do a pull i will let off at like 5500-6000rpms and let off the gas and press the clutch to slow down and the rpms will dip to 200-300 and then bounce back up to a high idle speed of like 1500-2000 and occasionally 2300-2400 but it has only done that like 3 times ever.

If i do go to a store and get them to run a dianogstic* on it could it actually tell me whats wrong or will it give me like 10 pages of things since its is a ****ty swap and a totally different motor