2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

EVO or 2g Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Default RE: EVO or 2g Eclipse

i don't have any money....lol i wish i did..

Old 06-04-2006, 04:54 PM

btw..your car is sweet EMonz

Old 06-04-2006, 05:09 PM

lol 7000rpm launch,,,you nut

Old 06-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

I think another bog thing between a 2g and an evo is the reliability. We all know how reliable those 2g's are

Old 06-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

Come on thats only because stupid kids abuse them

Old 06-04-2006, 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Come on thats only because stupid kids abuse them
Not quite man, You dont see EVOs crumbling to the ground. No crankwalk issues with them at all. If you own a 2G no matter what Crankwalk is in the back of your mind at all times when driving it.

Oh and I dont want to here the excuse that EVOs are still new because there are morethan enough now well over 100k and are still running perfect not like the % of 2Gs that fall apart even earlier than that

Old 06-04-2006, 11:28 PM

c'mon now dude dont be bashin the eclipse's... they're gettin old plus the EVO has 10+ years of technology on them. The EVO's are by far a better choice no doubt about it. If you take care of your car no matter what it is its not going to give you near as many problems then with some kid that changes the oil every 10K (like some eclipse owners). Any one that buys an EVO for 20K or more is going to take care of it rather than someone that paid 5K for their eclipse.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:16 AM

ORIGINAL: DixonsGst

c'mon now dude dont be bashin the eclipse's... they're gettin old plus the EVO has 10+ years of technology on them. The EVO's are by far a better choice no doubt about it. If you take care of your car no matter what it is its not going to give you near as many problems then with some kid that changes the oil every 10K (like some eclipse owners). Any one that buys an EVO for 20K or more is going to take care of it rather than someone that paid 5K for their eclipse.
That is not true, I have seen stock 2gs and babied 2G blow to peices the bottom end in those cars are junk plain and simple. Ill give it credit where its due but it is no lie they fall apart all DSMs for that matter they never last very long but 2Gs are by far the worst of them. The EVO has hardley longer than the 2G in technoligy the 2G in 1999 compaired to the EVO VII of the same year(i think it was VII at that point) the VII has no troubles in Japan but the 2G is junk here. Chryslers trying to put together a Jap motor is a problem when they cant even get there own motors right. The EVO is expensive because you pay for quality the 2G is cheaper because there is NO quality other than luxary in the higher models which the EVO lacks but you give some to get some that is the name of the game

Old 06-05-2006, 02:40 AM

Sorry emonz..i think your opinion is so bias that i would not even take into consideration any information you have on this subject.Both cars definately have strong and weak points,you kinda make it seem that the evo is invincible and 2G's are trash,far from it man......

Old 06-05-2006, 03:33 AM

ORIGINAL: badass91hatch

Sorry emonz..i think your opinion is so bias that i would not even take into consideration any information you have on this subject.Both cars definately have strong and weak points,you kinda make it seem that the evo is invincible and 2G's are trash,far from it man......
dude dont even start to tell me the 2Gs are strong. the motors are junk it is no secret. Im not saying the EVO is invinsable at all but compaired to the 2G turbo it is. All 2G 7 bolts suck they are weak. all DSM trannys suck they are weak do we need to go on with this its not an opinion it is something that is commonly seen to blow to peices in those cars. Just like the EVO T case if not driven right and the EVO stock clutch. Only tranny issues in the EVO were early 03 models and fixed after that the 7 bolt 2G problem went on for 4 years. Like I said no EVOs are know for crankwalking the bottom end is far suprior to the 2G that chrystler built

Quick Reply: EVO or 2g Eclipse