2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

GST -vs- RX7

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Default GST -vs- RX7

okay, today a buddy of mine came up to me and said that when he gets his rx7 running in about 6 weeks that he wants to race me... and i was just wondering what you guys think the outcome might be... here is the scoop..

he has a 95 rx7 n/a that he said is ported... i guess that means it is bored?? he said that he doesn't currently have it turbo'd but wants to push 500hp... my thoughts are... he will not even come close.. even if he does turbo it. i dont know what kinda numbers these put out... but i am guessing if he really does get this turbo'd he will be in the 350-400hp mark... cuz he seems like he doesnt know exactly what he is talking about.. but he might have the money to throw down... so off that whack info here is what my car will be..

1998 eclipse gst. from what i know the bottom end is stock... so when it comes time i will have these mods (i have most mods... but i am selling my dirtbike for the rest.. and the new turbo..

evo3 16g internally gated from SBR (should i have it ported?)
comp serious street/strip cams
tubular stainless headers
2.5" stainless dump pipe (o2 housing)
apexi downpipe with high flow cat and 3 inch cat back exhaust
injen intake with k&n filter
greddy bov, with short route piping and FMIC
255 fuel pump,650cc injector, apexi NEO (SBR package)
turbo timer, manual boost controller.. then the little things...
act2600 clutch with fidanza light flywheel...

i dunno exactly what numbers i am gonna be able to push... but i want around 350whp

SO WHAT DO YA GUYS THINK????
i think that is about it...

Old 09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Default RE: GST -vs- RX7

No such thing as an NA 95... The FD3s were all made TT .. If he is going to port the motor of it then im sure it has a few other mods too. RX7s are not slow they weight 2700lbs and run 13.3 stock. I honestly thing the RX7 will win from a dig and from a roll. Keiths RX7 his FAST.. and was FAST on the stock twins too the cars are no Joke.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 PM

he told be his bro fried his factory motor and he is gonna put a 13b in it... maybe that is the twin turbo. but i asked him if it was turbo he said no...i thought that they were all TT that is why i figure he doesn't know what he is talking about. i dont know lot except the cars are fast..lol...

how hard would it be for him to pull 500hp outta one of those things? he seems excited to race me.. he also said he has a limited slip rear end... so yeah, i dunno what to expect...

and you think i got no chance? thats a bummer.. but at least it may be the first race i lose... and it would make for a better race then always winning. i am pretty good off the line. with my old mods i would even pull evo's off the line.,. i was hoping that my driving skills would give me the ff th line presence and then make him catch me... (which shouldn't be hard...)

so is 350-400hp possible with my mods.. cuz that is what i told him i was looking to put to the wheels... all the ppl in church that heard us alking got all excited to hear about it..lol.. and i told him even if he had he power on me it would be about the driver too.... and he said that i would make a huge difference cuz he never really raced it..

i am pretty excited.. cuz this race is not a guaranteed win for me like usual...

Old 09-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

id say your gonna get about 300hp with your setup, 350 might be pushing it. Thats about the max that turbo will give you. So i dont think youll reach it.

And the 13B is the standard for those so its not like its unique putting the stock engine in there . And it is gonna be pretty tough to get 500hp out of those cars. But like emonz said, with the same HP as you, he will beat you.

Also for you to pull evo's off the line they must suck at driving because any awd should kill a FWD off the line.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

oh also if he truely has a 95 then he is pretty damn lucky cuz those are very rare in the states

Old 09-11-2007, 01:31 AM

well engineer.. i know you will think i am asshat for saying this but... on the sbr site, i am looking to buy their evo3 turbo... and they say that it will push 400hp... they also have a dyno of it runnin 420hp and 450ft lbs. trq.... so that is why i figured it would be much easier to push 350.... what are your opinions on that? i know they are pros and have all the best stuff... and a perfect tune...

i was wondering what is the highest recommended boost for that setup?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 AM

maybe he has a 20b cosmo? lol.

Gus

Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 AM

rx7s arent reliable at all past about 420 to the wheels i know plenty of people that have had them to about 400 410 or so and as soon as they went higher boom there was a guy that had one at 400 to the wheels for 5 years never a problem daily driven as soon as he went up to 550 in 6 months it was gone he did all he could to have it hold still didnt work so if he is pushing 500 i dont think he willl be for long but thats just my opinion

Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 AM

well thanks for the info. i will tell my buddy about that. i think he would hate to blow up his car ... again..lol

Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned

Jason, have you ever heard of punctuation? Seriously, use it. Without it, it makes reading your posts very painful.

Quick Reply: GST -vs- RX7