2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

gsx

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 03:22 AM
Default RE: gsx

hmm, its something to think about, does the gsx come with a nicer interior or anything like that or is it just the AWD. I would really enjoy the AWD but not sure if its worth the extra time and money.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:41 AM

GSX has leather GS-t some had leather I think it worked that way? well that is from 97-99 I am thinking not early 2Gs..Oh and the AWD is worth the money IMO. I love the EVO. i mean it was a little damp out today and I stomped pulling a U turn it in front of a mustang annd had the car sideways through all of 1st gear counter steering it the whole way untill I had to hit second. He came up beside me in shock and gave my the thumbs up. He looked at me like how did your car do that?!!? I love it when people dont think it threw and realize that AWD means power is going to the rear too so it is possible to get a little sideways

Old 10-05-2005, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

GSX has leather GS-t some had leather I think it worked that way? well that is from 97-99 I am thinking not early 2Gs..Oh and the AWD is worth the money IMO. I love the EVO. i mean it was a little damp out today and I stomped pulling a U turn it in front of a mustang annd had the car sideways through all of 1st gear counter steering it the whole way untill I had to hit second. He came up beside me in shock and gave my the thumbs up. He looked at me like how did your car do that?!!? I love it when people dont think it threw and realize that AWD means power is going to the rear too so it is possible to get a little sideways
The gst and gsx shared the same interior, and the difference between the early 2g's didnt have the basket handle wing, the 95's had a different rear bumber, along with a diferent front bumper and a funkey plastic line running the bottom of the car all the way around. Still the same motor and tranny for 95-99 tho so their is no difference. I'd say just go gst, cheaper and dam near the same thing, plus its tricky to do burnouts in a awd car.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

I dunno about the whole AWD idea. I had a buddy that had the AWD Eclipse and he had the trans replaced 3 times in less than 2 years. Maybe his was a rare exception or something but it seemed he was ALWAYS waiting for his car to come back from the dealership shop (It was under warranty).

Old 10-05-2005, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

I dunno about the whole AWD idea. I had a buddy that had the AWD Eclipse and he had the trans replaced 3 times in less than 2 years. Maybe his was a rare exception or something but it seemed he was ALWAYS waiting for his car to come back from the dealership shop (It was under warranty).
Well I had a buddy of mine who ran a 12.9 on his GSX. very lightly modded he had injectors stock turbo at 17PSI turbo back exhaust, intake and upper IC pipe oh and a ACT 2900. He did 7K launches every single day the car would pop the front wheels off the ground. he never had any problem other than the turbo going bad on him. I mean I have never seen any car take this kind of abuse.

Like stated before if it will be going to the track to race that get the GSX if it is for street the the GSt. My buddies GSt beat me by a car and a half from a 30 MPH roll but from a stop he stands no chance ill have at least a car on him maybe more right from the get go

Old 10-05-2005, 06:45 PM

A buddy of mine has my GST right now and I have his GSX.. The GSX is a huge difference off the line... with my GST I lose more off the line, but his grabs a lot faster... You would be surprised at the difference it makes, but it could be the difference of winning and losing a street race...

Old 10-05-2005, 09:11 PM

yes gsx's are known for the center diff. in the transmissions exploding if not treated right. The way to fix this problem somewhat is to have the center diff. welded in place. Mileage and abuse are what cause the trannies to do that anyways. I sent my transmission to Shep. for a race rebuild. Now because of the welded diff. I can run AWD or FWD by dropping the driveshaft and transfer case. IMO go with the AWD. Its worth it big time. Nothing like the feeling of launching at 4500 RPM's and spinning all four wheels at the track....11.5 @ 121MPH

Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

And nothing'll look as impressive as the cloud 4 tires lit up and puttin out smoke will make.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:27 PM

alright its decided, if at all possible i will get the gsx, it may mean a very long wait, but seeing as i plan to keep this car for many year i guess it will be worth it

Old 10-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats and good luck man. I think you'll be happy with it.