2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

which header would be better for me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Default which header would be better for me?

i am planning on running my car at about (but no more) than the 350hp range since the turbo won't really go that high.... i was wondering which header/ exhaust manifold would be best for me?

tubular (pacesetter black coated)?
forced performance race header/manifold?
or a evo3 hogged out one?

i will probably be running the FP Big28 turbo on the setup. with all suporting mods. thanks guys!

Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Default RE: which header would be better for me?

I'm assuming you have a gst or gsx. If thats the case your stock manifold will work just fine with that much horsepower, and the T28 should bolt up to the stock manifold as well.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:52 PM

true, with that amount of power you will be fine witha stock manifold

Old 11-17-2007, 06:43 PM

The T28 is a awesome turbo. It spools up super fast. It is a direct bolt on to the stock manifold and I ran 21 PSI off this turbo on the stock manifold. No problems at all.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:27 PM

YES, it is a 1998 gst...

i understand that, but i have been running the evo3 16g and had a tubular manifold on it... needless to say the manifold cracked almost all the way around the weld (i didn't fix it when i should have).

Now, I need a new one. i would like something a little better than stock... just cuz the cost will be around the same and the oh look factor will be a bit better. lol.. and i figure it wouldn't hurt to have somehting a bit more hogged out and free flowing. i plan on getting some cams for the car too.. and figured it would work well with them too...

i like tubular, but the FP looks so kickass... and an evo3 manifold isn't beautiful, but is better then the stock and about the same price for a new one.

with that in mind (knowing i need a new one) what do you guys think?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

Now, where did you get that manifold from? What brand?

If you ask me i say keep the 16g. The T28 will be pushing all it can to make that, the 16g wont be working as hard.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 AM

the brand of manifold has a lot to do w/ it along w/ where you got it. i.e. ebay sucks. if you just want something that looks good than pick whatever one looks the best for you b/c like we said, any manifold (including stock) will hold 350. also, if you arleady have a e316g than there is no need to spend the money on another turbo b/c that turbo will push 350 no problem.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 PM

keep in mind my whole 16g setup with supporting mods has about 60k miles running at 19lbs of boost on it...my 16g has alot of shaft play. it boosts fine, but it has quite a bit of play in it. so i wanna get a new turbo before i actually kill it, and maybe sell it to make a little bit of money back. as for the manifold, i will keep that in mind. maybe i can just save a few bucks there.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM

if ur 16g has a good bit of play than you aren't going to get much for it. not unless you rebuild it. in which case if you just rebuilt it (cheaper than a new turbo) just port it and keep it.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 AM

how much would i be able to get for it? and, how much is a rebuild kit? and it is already ported... so i don't have to worry about that. maybe i will keep it to revuild... we will see. since the fpbig28 is like 860$ . oh, and where do i get a rebuild kit?

Quick Reply: which header would be better for me?