2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Help me with Cherry Bomb installation...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Default Help me with Cherry Bomb installation...

Hey guys, my bro is about to buy a cherry bomb to install on his car and i was wondering if anyone had a step by step guide i could follow to install it without welding it in because obviously i don't have a welder. I have no experience with this and as far as i know the cherry bomb goes in place of the catalytic converter?? just a guess but please if anyone could help that would be awsome...or if anyone could direct me to a site that has a guide to do it without welding it in the would be good to....

Thanks...Chris

Old 09-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Default RE: Help me with Cherry Bomb installation...

no the cherry bomb goes in place of the muffler... ok, here's how ya do it. measure the length of the cherry bomb, then mark that length on the pipe around the muffler. After this measure the inlet and outlet length (not the width, the length), the compensate for that length and markon the exhaust pipe where you just measured for the length of the cherry bomb... does this make sense? the second marking should be less long than the first. take a saws-all and cut your exhaust pipe on the second marks you made. This allows you to slide the cherry bomb over each side of the exhaust, get two exhaust clamps and tighten each end down.