2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Help on pricing ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help on pricing ...

Dude read what he asks. He said he wants to do the opposite which is put a 420a where there was a 4g63. I know the answer is still the same but i hate when people dont read the posts.

Jason, there were two different types of non-turbo engines. One (4g64) came in 97-99 eclipe spyders that were non turbo. You could use these but to me it would be pointless since its easier to just get a turbo engine (4g63). Now the other non turbo engine is from all 95-99 GS/RS which is the 420a. This is not a mitsu engine but a chryler engine which you Cannot nor would you want to even try, putting into that engine bay.

So your solution for finding the right engine. Look for all 95-99 Eclipse Turbo cars.

But first of course find out whats wrong with it

Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 PM

Ok, so if I find that it is the engine .,.. I will look for the turbo 4g64 to match what is in it now .. Thanks

Old 03-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jasonpgt

Ok, so if I find that it is the engine .,.. I will look for the turbo 4g64 to match what is in it now .. Thanks
ooops. My bad. I meant 4g63 turbo engine from a 95-99. Damn 4 is too close to the 3

Old 03-28-2007, 02:15 AM

got it ... 3 not 4 ... thanks ... lol

Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 AM

The 420a motor has different wiring than the 4g63t so that would be a nightmare in itself there. Not to mention the car is basically worthless to anyone that would be looking for a GS-T ( the TURBO model ) because when they pop the hood and see it is a 420a motor the'll scratch there head and ask what in gods name you did. Then walk away, confused and probably making fun of you to all of the friends for the following months to come.

Find out if the tranny is stuck in gear or if the motor is blown. It would be some crazy odds that both would go at the same time. Then go about finding a tranny or motor from there.Even if you know how todo body workthings never go as plannedyou'll have to take into consideration the cost of materials,time, errors, etc. No one lays paint perfect all the time not unless your in a paint booth with nice equipment. Sometimes you have to sand and re-clear. Trust me I watched my friend J.R do it twice today and he is very good with paint.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 AM

I wouldnt pay 300 for a car with a blown motor and tranny that got crashed up. Now when swapping motors you have to hope the one you find isnt junk. The top leaking sounds like a huge nightmare. How long has water been leaking into the car? Water leaking into a car will destroy the inside. It will create mold and rust it from the inside out. Its just going to be a huge pain in the butt putting this all back together.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:14 AM

OK look .. seems like only "TheEngineer" understands what I am asking ...

IF the motor is blown, I will be replacing it with the same motor ... I just didnt know if it mattered is I got one that was turbo or not turbo (and swapped over the turbo the car has now). He answered what I asked.

If it is just the tranny then I can get that easily enough. BUT the way her daughter drove the car .... it could very well be both. I dont even know when the last time it had any fluids checked or even an oil change. This girl is 17, has a son she doesnt even take care of ... and is busy with "friends" doin drugs all the time ... how well do you think she took care of the car....

The body work is very easy. I can do that in my sleep and I have a body shop I can paint the car at. AND NO not anyone can do body work, they just think they can. I went to trade school for 4 years and have a certificate for 2310 hours completed in school and have been doing body work for the last 14 years. So when it comes to that, I dont need any advice how to do it or what could go wrong ... Ive seen and done it all.

As for the top leaking, I know what damage it can cause. No its not a constant leak, it leaks a little when it rains heavy. So that is a simple thing to deal with, and as far as putting the top on .... another simple day project.

Thanks again ..... I got my answers .... someone should close this thread now ....

Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 AM

concider it done lol