2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

HELP!!STOLEN 1997 ECLIPSE.HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Default RE: HELP!!STOLEN 1997 ECLIPSE.HELP!!

oh ya just anotherthing. the only spots the stickers arnt tamperd with is on the door and the front panel has a small sticker that has the vin aswell. ya the only parts that arnt from my car.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:17 PM

LMAO, OMG! How can the cops say that those weren't tampered with?!!

Old 10-25-2008, 11:39 PM

haha ya i know right. but ya after taking the pictures down to the station i got them to open a case. but ya when i was there the first time they didnt let me look at the car close enough to notice that, almost like they where tryin to hide it. little shady im tellin you!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 PM

I know it's only been a couple days since the last post, but have you heard anything else? I can't believe, well actually I can, how much the cops don't give a crap.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM

anye new info on your car?

Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 AM

nope no word on my car yet. I was downthere on friday and they told me that they would get back to me on monday. monday came and went and still no word. so ya i guess im gonna go down to the station again today to see what the hell is goin on with my car! Im almost at a point where i wanna just say screw it cause the car has a lot of work to be done before it will even run again and right now i dont have the place time or money to get it going again.The only thing keeping me fighting is just the fact that i know its my car, they are trying to tell me its not and i dont wanna let em get away with it! so i dont know what to do really. like i really dont know if its even gonna be worth it. like ya i love that car! It ran so great, had it looking pimp if you ask me. THat was my favorite car. not myfastest but my favorite thats for sure. Like the body is good, still has the blitzbody kit(front bumper is inside the car) just needs a new paint job. the engine is still there just looks like a few things have been pieced out and the wiring torn all to hell. still has my dc 4-1 headers though so thats a plus. the interior though is all torn up. once again the wiring all yankend out, car parts in therethatdonteven belong to my car that i know of, door panels all falling off. ignition pretty much gone along with the rest of the stearing colum pretty much. no back seat, passanger seat is taken apart. glove box gone... like ya i guess it would be a great project car for some one that has the time.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:48 PM

if you do manage to get that back, it would definitely be worth it

can you say lawsuit???

Old 10-30-2008, 05:58 PM

lawsuit huh...seemsthat takes time and a lot of money on a lawyer. and a lawsuittowrds who? I know the guy that climin my car is jobless shaggy lookin ****.as far as the police go yesthey seem a little corruptbut im not about to take them to court or expose thembeing that i live on asmall island. idk what to do. this has been so anoying!!. well im going down to the station right now. i will let you guys know whats up later

Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 PM

ok so where is the vin on the engine and on the chassis? I really need to know. please help! these cops freakin suck! they are not helping at all. they agree that the car has been all tampered with but without a matching vin they say i cant do a thing about it.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL158.../340210925.jpg < is this the one one the firewall?
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL158.../340210960.jpg
the only vin thats not been tamperd with that i know ofis on the drivers door but anyone thats not an idiot or a cop can relize that that door isnt the original from my car. its the stock silver.. my car was silver but painted blue and itsnot like i left the drivers door, front panel and back hatch silver for looks. any other place the have the vin. or the s/n. I belive the s/n is part of the vin number ya?

Old 11-20-2008, 02:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Robseclipse

ok so where is the vin on the engine and on the chassis? I really need to know. please help! these cops freakin suck! they are not helping at all. they agree that the car has been all tampered with but without a matching vin they say i cant do a thing about it.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL158.../340210925.jpg < is this the one one the firewall?
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL158.../340210960.jpg
the only vin thats not been tamperd with that i know ofis on the drivers door but anyone thats not an idiot or a cop can relize that that door isnt the original from my car. its the stock silver.. my car was silver but painted blue and itsnot like i left the drivers door, front panel and back hatch silver for looks. any other place the have the vin. or the s/n. I belive the s/n is part of the vin number ya?
Yup, that's the one on the firewall. The motor is supposed to be VIN matched too. Motor swaps void that though. There are really only four places the VIN is stamped and that is the firewall, door jam, motor, and dash. Sometimes the windows are etched, but that an option for later year cars or you can have it done anytime on any vehicle. Aside from that, that's all the VIN locations that I know of.
Have you gotten your insurance company involved? Will they get involved? They may be interested to know that you've found it.

Quick Reply: HELP!!STOLEN 1997 ECLIPSE.HELP!!