2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

HKS SSQV?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:08 AM
Default HKS SSQV?

I have a 97 Spyder Gst with a Injen intake and Greddy Cat back and I just recently purchased a HKS ssqv blow off valve and i havent recieved it yet. I was wondering if I needed the Recirculation Kit for it or not? I bought the kit that is supposed to have everything to bolt on but is the recirculation kit included with that? If i need it and dont buy it what will happen? any input would be appreciated. thanks

Old 07-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Default RE: HKS SSQV?

do you have an aftermarket upper ic pipe? that bov doesnt just bolt on, you need to weld a flange on the upper ic pipe, and since the stock pipe is plastic that means you need to buy a metal one. sorry to tell u this, but that bov sucks. it surges crazy and can destroy a turbo in no time if you arent careful. i know this because i have it. ive been meaning to trade it for a type s as soon as i can. i would sell it before u put it on. if your going to keep it anyway, then buy the recirculating kit, venting sounds gay and your car is going to stall more easily/drive crappy. and make sure you never let off the gas slowly after flooring it. anytime you boost, pull your foot off the gas quickly so it wont surge.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:51 PM

read this is you want more opinions about it
http://www.sddsm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7028
these people build dsms from the ground up and know what theyre talking about

Old 07-31-2005, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51
sorry to tell u this, but that bov sucks.
other than that if you want to use that blow off valve and not hassle about buying a new one... dejon tool makes a blow thru set up which allows you to safely vent your BOV to atmosphere with out and consequences. Its the GM maf sensor and translator with all the necesary piping there. i have the whole unit and BOV and i happen to like it

Old 08-01-2005, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: turbobird14

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51
sorry to tell u this, but that bov sucks.
other than that if you want to use that blow off valve and not hassle about buying a new one... dejon tool makes a blow thru set up which allows you to safely vent your BOV to atmosphere with out and consequences. Its the GM maf sensor and translator with all the necesary piping there. i have the whole unit and BOV and i happen to like it
maf translator may allow you to do that, but whats the point if you're spending $350 just to vent. 2g's dont really need a gm maf, the 2g maf flows good enough. 1g's can benefit from it. Besides, even though it keeps your car from stalling, you still get less performance when you vent. instead of all that air blowing back into the snorkel tube to keep your turbo spooling between shifts, it gets vented, your turbo stops spinning, and you have more turbo lag between shifts. it can really kill your quarter mile time.