2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

i need someones help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Default i need someones help

So here is the story, this is the car from hell. It is a 95 eclipse gs-t, automatic turbo stock. I bought it from a guy in town with 70,000 miles on it and he said everything was good on it, the body was in good shape with not dents or marks on it and I had my cousin check it out and he said it was fine. I talked the guy down 2000 dollars from what he was asking and it ran like heaven. Two weeks into driving not even hard....the water pump busts on it and the head gaskets are melted. Replace those new. Get it back and drive it for about another three weeks and on my way to school it sounds like I have a water fall followed by a chain saw soundin my engine, I call the mechanic, bring it in. I call ym cousin explain and he said watch it be the transmission, and that what it was..1500 later and I have a new trans. Get it back and two days later bring it back to fix the trans hoses because they are cracked. Get it back again nad mechanic says everythin is good now. I bring it home park it for about an hour, go back out to a racing buddies to give him a ride and at every stop sign the car dies. A few times it took awhile to get it started up again. So i barely make it home not stopping at any stop signs. Park it in my driveway...got back out an hour later and the damn thin doesn't start at all. No sounds when trying to start it, not even turning over nothing complete silence. Also nothing works on the car, no interior light or headlights nothing it is completly dead.

Any ideas on what could be wrong and how I could fix it and how much would be great. Hell even if someoe wants to come check it out. LOL

And before you all say I should have taken it back to the mechanic, I was going to but i figure it has been there 6 times already and still not fixed so apparently he doesn't know what the hell he is doing or he never worked on an eclipse before.[:@]

I was told it could be a blown charge pipe or something electical

Old 02-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: i need someones help

Sounds like just the battery to me. First i would check the connections on the battery and make sure they are not corroded. Clean them up if you have to or buy new terminals. Then bring the battery to autozone and have them test it for you

Old 02-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Ya, something is drawing power while the car isnt running.. Is there anything extra on the car that you have? Stereo? any electronic gadgets? If so something is prolly hooked up wrong drawing power all the time..

Old 02-27-2007, 05:11 PM

also get the alternator checked... if it's not charging the battery while its runnin it will die quick every time.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 PM

Its like everyone has alternator problems lately... odd... the battery sounds about right to me... maybe its just not accepting a charge anymore... or wont fully recharge...

Old 02-27-2007, 05:55 PM

ya.. If it was the altenator it would die while its running..

Old 02-27-2007, 05:59 PM

if it was the alternator then when it died over and over again, it wouldn't start or "chug" start and just die again, so i would say the battery and clean up the ternimals and the sorrounding area around it to make she nothing is rubbing or hitting the terminals as well.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:08 PM

good points... my bad. it does sound like battery more than anything but with all of the problems you are having... i'd definatly check the alternator just for ****s and giggles.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM

Thanks guys

I look at the battery and it looks like there is corrosion on the wires.( you would think that the mechanic would catch that). As far as extras, Yes I have a stereo and there are blue LCD lights under the dash. That may be were the power is getting drained from, but i can't check because nothing turns on. I will rip those out and replace the battery and let ya'all know whats going on.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:31 AM

well as long as you have a remote wire (wire telling your electronics to turn off when the car is off) you should be ok... who installed the cd player and lights?

Quick Reply: i need someones help