2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

increased Car value

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Default RE: increased Car value

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

Ya, the supra is really the only one.. But then again, that car is just gonna go up in value with nothing done to it...
There are low milage 97s for sale online for $58k that is more than $10k what they were new 11 years ago lol.

The Evo is similar currently. I mean people buy IXs and VIIIs mod them to 500-600HP and sell them for like 35-45k. Granted your not breaking Even but neither do alot of supras. I am acutally going to only loose out on like $5k for my car if Paintballpraom really buys it. and i have $10k in mods and ive had it 3 years

Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 PM

eye of the beholder here again.... OFFICIALLY! no mod raises the value of a car, and redone interior paint or tanny does nor, it gives you teh right to get closer to the original price by just a small percentage, but thats pretty much it.
As soon as a car leaves the dealership value decreases and theres nothing you can do to change so

Old 02-17-2008, 06:29 PM

How true that is... wifey had an 06 eclipse and a couple of things happened to it, so i figured it would be cheaper to just put a body kit on it. I put an after market hood, front fenders, front and rear bumpers, and side skirts... about 1500.00 dollars worth of parts... She bought the car for 18 grand + the 1500, you're looking at 19500... but when we went to trade it in for the outlander.. the dealer wouldn't even give us 10 grand for a trade in on it... In hind sight... after market parts probably wasn't the best idea

Old 02-17-2008, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Kaede.Noir

eye of the beholder here again.... OFFICIALLY! no mod raises the value of a car, and redone interior paint or tanny does nor, it gives you teh right to get closer to the original price by just a small percentage, but thats pretty much it.
As soon as a car leaves the dealership value decreases and theres nothing you can do to change so
I took my car off the lot for $21,995 in may 05 (used with only 11,991 miles) New was $31,995 on the window sticker. here we are 3 years later 44k on the car and $10k into the motor Im pending sale for nearly $25k to me that is not bad. The car has held its value rather well over the past 5 years. I mean really it is a 5 year old car now

Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 PM

mmhh, thats ture thats true... then again... you baby it

Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 PM

This is one of the emails I got

Do you even know what DSM stands for?
And they are worth what we say they are..Any true DSM owner knows how
much there car is worth..All those under priced cars are owned by people
who use them for daily purposes such as go to work and go to the
store...

I understand how badly you would like to own a DSM but face the facts
man...prices are FIRM no low balling with a DSM..not in this country at
least.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 PM

Price a GS for 8000 like most people in cali do and let them talk you down to 7 and some idiot will buy it. TRUST ME. Some people are very dumb and will think its a steal because they watched the fast & the furious and they think thier paul walker. I've seen GS's sold for more then GST's. Weird huh?

Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 AM

no, not weird, admit it, is a NICE looking car, i get people asking me what year it is and giving me looks when i tell them its a 98 "doesnt look that new anyways" not to mention that youre right a lil bit on the fast & furious part, but if thats the point, itd work the same way with hondas, wouldnt it?

Old 02-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

There is no way a 420a should ever be sold for more than 5k. They just arnt worth more than that. And if someone sells it for more than that, good for them. But anyone that knows anything about these cars wouldnt never paymore than 5k no matter what mileage it has

Old 02-18-2008, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: pilsenblue

This is one of the emails I got

Do you even know what DSM stands for?
And they are worth what we say they are..Any true DSM owner knows how
much there car is worth..All those under priced cars are owned by people
who use them for daily purposes such as go to work and go to the
store...

I understand how badly you would like to own a DSM but face the facts
man...prices are FIRM no low balling with a DSM..not in this country at
least.
Since when is there a huge High Demand of a super rare car called a DSM? So retarded come on now they are not a ferarri or something. you pay more for civics these days unless your talking a 99 GSX that is. but come on a AWD 95 DSM can be bought for around or under $4k

Quick Reply: increased Car value