2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

increased Car value

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Default RE: increased Car value

These are the idiot I have to deal with here in chicago! No wonder I cant find a gsx

By the way Have you guys seen the story on the 08 evo? Looks nice

Old 02-18-2008, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

There is no way a 420a should ever be sold for more than 5k. They just arnt worth more than that. And if someone sells it for more than that, good for them. But anyone that knows anything about these cars wouldnt never paymore than 5k no matter what mileage it has
oohh trust me... ive seen more than that... in the idiots world rims can increase the value of a can +1k or more

Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

oh so have i. RCJ on here sold his GS with a body kit for something like 7500

Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 PM

Pilsenblue where at in chicago r u, in the suburbs there r a few that r ok

Old 02-19-2008, 04:01 PM

Once again, I work at a dealership in sales/finance...MODS OF ANY KIND DO NOT ADD VALUE TO A VEHICLE!! You're better off taking the mods off and putting the stock parts back on and selling the mods on E-bay to get any kind of money back out of them...I have been in the car business for 4 years now and I have never seen a vehicle, excludingclassics and rare cars, appreciate in value..Cars are a depreciating asset!

I was looking into buying an '03 Evo this summer and trading my '99 GS-T with 52K and modson it...I told the small dealership that I work in sales and got the price of the Evo to about 500 for over what they owned it for which is a great deal on that car but however, they were only going to give me $7500 cold hard dollars on my Eclipse in trade value so I told the owner that I have way more than that in just mods on the car and would just keep it so I didn't buy the Evo. It sucks but the money you spend on mods you'll never get back when it's time to sell or trade the car. That's just how it is.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: shreff99

You're better off taking the mods off and putting the stock parts back on and selling the mods on E-bay to get any kind of money back out of them...
ya if your trying to sell your car to a dealership

your stupid if you do that anyways (unless its for a trade on another vehicle) but even so, you'll come out with more money from the car if you sell it privately

Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 PM

I live on the southside of Chicago. Where did you see the gsx ? Craigslist?? I really havent been looking that hard but if you know of one let me know. I even have an engine lined up really cheap if you see one without it!

Well it good to see ppl think the same way as i do with the mods

Old 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: estraw

You're better off taking the mods off and putting the stock parts back on and selling the mods on E-bay to get any kind of money back out of them...

your stupid if you do that anyways (unless its for a trade on another vehicle) but even so, you'll come out with more money from the car if you sell it privately
I traded my 02 GT spyder for my Evo in 2005. When they first appraised it they wanted to give me $12000 it had depo projections (the $300 ones) TYC back tails, injen cold air (again a $200+ intake) and invidia catback (again $500 catback one of the most expensive at the time actually) so I took the car home put it back to stock and they gave me $1000 more for it in stock form. and I sold all the parts for a decent amout

Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM

I just looked on craigslist this morning. an there is 2 gsx trying to be sold for 9000 an 9500 with some mods bu i dont think its worth the prices. i'm sick of the ppl overvauling there car.

9000 is wayyyyyyy too much
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/579665821.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/car/577650031.html
Clean the Car first Jesus

Old 02-21-2008, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: estraw

I traded my 02 GT spyder for my Evo in 2005. When they first appraised it they wanted to give me $12000 it had depo projections (the $300 ones) TYC back tails, injen cold air (again a $200+ intake) and invidia catback (again $500 catback one of the most expensive at the time actually) so I took the car home put it back to stock and they gave me $1000 more for it in stock form. and I sold all the parts for a decent amout
There ya go

And Estraw, yeah you MAY get a little more money selling it privately but don't expect a bunch more. People nowadays are very leary about buying something out of someone's yard anymore. At leastat a dealership, if thetrade is a "retailable unit" meaning the miles are decent and itwon't take much running it through the shop before it goesout on the lot, we'llfix whatever is wrong with it and put a warranty on it whicha private seller won't and can't do..and that in turn gives the next buyer a good peace of mind when purchsing that car.

Quick Reply: increased Car value