2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

inverting gauges

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Default inverting gauges

I was checking out ebay for the surface white gauges for a 99 eclipse and it glows in the dark...looks interesting but is it easy to change out, i don't have to like take the whole dash apart, do i? lol it would deff not be worth my time. thanks

Old 06-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Default RE: inverting gauges

what part is the cluster lol dumb question
but i really don't wanna mess anything up thanks

Old 06-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Banned

um.... he means the guages lol

Old 06-05-2006, 01:10 PM

are you talking about gauges overlays like this if so they are really easy

those are the ones in my car

Old 06-05-2006, 04:03 PM

yeah if you could briefly describe how to install i'd appreciate before i buy them thanks

Old 06-05-2006, 05:38 PM

things you will need pihleps& flat head screw driver electral tape & time// ok sit in your drivers seat and lower sthe steering wheel all the way down now you remove the bezal the black part infront of the gauge cluster there are 2 phil head scrwes in the top of the bezal remove them then get the falt head and pry gently on the lower left corner and the bezal should pop off be carfull not to scratch of break it now there will be 4 phil screws holding in the gauge cluster 1 in each corner remove ther and pull the gauge cluster out now go in side get a drink and sit at a table and pull off the 2 plastic pices covering the gauge cluster there will be 4 tabs you push down to do this now caerfully put the over lays on ((you might half to remove some small screws out of some of the side of the smaller gauges also you may half to cut on them a bit {i did } )) now run all the wires to were you see fit {i did out the top right side there is a small gap } snap the 2 plastic pices back on now go out to your car and put the cluster back in replace all 4 screws now you will be able to see a place on the right side of the cluster were you can run all the wires down . now you half to hook up the power to them {i hooked them in to the light around the cig lighter } to do it this way you pull off the panel that covers the side of the raido and a/c there are 2-3 screws you take out and i comes off easy . now hook the ground to the ground and the + to the +[[ you need a dead light to fig that out after you fig it out mark the + and un hook your bat ]] now once you have hooked up all the power test it hook you bat back up and turn your lights on and see if they work if so pop the bezal back in replace the screws and put the lower panel back on and your goo 2 go