Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Gauges and clock

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Default Gauges and clock

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>Hey everybody, I would like to know if anyone knows how to remove the speedometer/tach gauge cluster and the analog clock from an Outlander. I have a 2003 Outlander LS and I am slowly adding things to it from the XLS. I added a cargo cover, cargo net and I actually scored a pair of the sweet clear taillights. I just bought the white fauce gauges and clock, and I am going to be doing the swap this weekend, but I need some advice. I think that I can literally pull the cover off of the gauges, but I definately don't want to break the cover. Any assistance would be appreciated. </FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3></P></FONT>

Old 03-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Default Gauges and clock

bryan where did you find the panel and clock,

Old 04-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Default Gauges and clock

Hey Ray, I bought the gauges and clock from ebay..I was able to install the gauges easily, by just pulling the plastic cover that is over the gauges, but I still can't get to the clock, and I definately dont want to ruin the silver fabric that runs across the dash...any suggestions that you guys can give would be great..oh..i bought the gauges and clock from a guy on E-bay for $50,w/shipping...this is the same guy who sold me the clear tail lights for $110, w/shipping..I have been pretty lucky so far with these little upgrades...the addition of the clear taillights on thisblack outlander make it look 100% hotter...I want to buy the black painted spoiler that I saw on a Mitsu site for about $180...

Old 05-22-2004, 04:02 AM
Default RE: Gauges and clock

sorry for OT, but brian did you notice if the blubs behind the guages had those colored covers? I want to make like indiglo on mine and was thinking on how to attempt

Old 05-25-2004, 03:43 AM
JMC
Default RE: Gauges and clock

To get to the clock you'll have to take out the Silver Dash trim. It comes out the same way the little one by the drivers side door.
The bulbs in the gauges have little orange condoms on them. I went to a Mitsu dealer near me and got replacement bulbs with blue covers on them. the gauges have a light green/blue look to the. Sorta matches the other lights.