2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

looking for a nice 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Default looking for a nice 2nd gen

i am turning 16 in a few days and am looking at a few cars including the 2nd gen. eclipse and i was wondering if anyone could tell me a good price to look for.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Default RE: looking for a nice 2nd gen

ill sell you mine for 6k lol

Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Mine 2....its actually for sell in the forsale/ trade forum.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:57 AM

ORIGINAL: bogusz

i am turning 16 in a few days and am looking at a few cars including the 2nd gen. eclipse and i was wondering if anyone could tell me a good price to look for.
That all depends on what you want, whether its turbo, non turbo, manual or auto, gst or gsx. Its really hard (for me anyway) to just throw out a price. I have to be able to see the car. Miles, mods, body all make a difference in the price so its really hard to say. If you find something thats listed on the internet put the link up here.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

Dont be a ***** get a 5spd. If you dont know how... LEARN!

Im also 16, so i can empathise with you. I have to say, if you don't know your way around these cars 100%, then you are in for a bundle of fun. They are hard work, they are not reliable.... but they are a **** load of fun and fast when done right. (Yes, faster than your buddies honda)

So, the choice is yours.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 AM

Excuse Sebba, he's rather blunt and can be a dick sometimes lol (hence his nickname). anyways you need to be a ll more specific when you say you are looking for a 2g. first off do you want a base naturally aspirated car or a turbo'd car. if you plan on making the car fast than you can cross the GS and RS off the list. second you need to look at is your price range.if you can only afford 5k'ish than you might just have to go w/ a RS or GS BUT there are some deals out there once in a while w/ ppl trying to get rid of their GS-T's quickly. the normal price for a stock GS-T is apx 5500-6k. normal price for a stock GSX is apx 6000-7000. w/ mods these 2 can range up to about 15k. a good place to look for the car is ebay.com, www.autotrader.com, www. dsm tuners .com (<< remove the spaces).

Sebba was not lying when he said that these things are not that reliable. There are many problems that you will most likely experience w/ a DSM. most common are idle problems, the TBS go out on these things all the time. Crankwalk is alaways a threat unless you have a6 bolt swap, spunbearings are somewhat common. and other things. if you need anymore help let us knw.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:04 AM

Don't let them scare you with the reliability problems. These cars are old and will have the same problems any other car their agewill have, maybe a little more if they are turbo. My friend's 97 spyder GST (turbo)has 178k miles on it. He drove it to my house this weekend and he lives an hour and ahalf away.I've had the same amount if not more problems with my 95 Honda Civic then my Eclipse, besides the spun bearing. If you want a car now, or yesterday, I would get a non turbo. Finding a good turbo 2g that's been taken care of is sometimes hard to come by. Most of the reliability issues come from abuse, kind of expected with a turbo sports car. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: TSG59_Steve

I've had the same amount if not more problems with my 95 Honda Civic than my Eclipse.
I want to print this, then frame it, and send it to all those Honduhh guys.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 AM

yea just be careful i bought my 97 gst from people that drag raced the he11 out of it and it cost me another 4k to replace the engine so now my car cost me 11k for around a 6-7k car. but i love it and if i could get a gsx i would.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM

If only mine only ended up costing 11k... Oh well. I love my car. I've learned a lot from it. Built it all myself, so it's something I can be proud of. Especially because no one thought I could do it.Buying my GST was one of the smartest dumb things I've ever done. Dumb as in, I'm broke.And yes, anytime one of those stupid *** Honda owners (after handing them their ***)say "well at least mine is reliable". I'm like... well I have one too, and that things a piece.Most of my family/gf's familyhave Honda's and they all have problems. Years ranging from 95 to 06. Yes, as in 2006. Brand new. Most of Honda's "reliability" is becoming hype. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hard-core Honda hater. Just sick of the Honda guys saying how unreliable our TURBO 8yr+ cars are, just because they don't like looking at my taillights.

Quick Reply: looking for a nice 2nd gen