2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

MBC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Default MBC?

Anyone had ex. with Dual Manual Boost Controllers?

Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Default RE: MBC?

theres no point unless you frequently run race gas. i dont see why anyone would want 2 settings on their car. you either race someone on the max boost you can run, or you dont floor it. why would you floor it on a low boost setting?

Old 12-21-2005, 06:06 PM

if you want two settings, why not get an EBC?

now if you had twin-turbos, then you would need two MBC

Old 12-21-2005, 06:11 PM

The reason for consideration is this less gas used with less boost correct this is why biger injectors and biger fuel pumps are needed. correct me if im wrong. but running lower boost but when racing somone sould not only prolong motor life but also use less gas. and as for the ebc i think that is a waste of money when somthing like this is optional besides teh fact if i ever turn the car into a full out race car a EBC is un reliable after what is it 26psi?

Old 12-21-2005, 06:45 PM

i do not think running dual MBC is optimal over running a EBC.

are you contradicting yourself? you want to run low boost but you say that an EBC is unreliable after 26psi.

if you turn your car into a true, all-out, race car, you won't be using a MBC to control boost.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

The reason for consideration is this less gas used with less boost correct this is why biger injectors and biger fuel pumps are needed. correct me if im wrong. but running lower boost but when racing somone sould not only prolong motor life but also use less gas. and as for the ebc i think that is a waste of money when somthing like this is optional besides teh fact if i ever turn the car into a full out race car a EBC is un reliable after what is it 26psi?
either you did not understand what I said or you dont understand how a MBC works. what I am saying is that it is pointless to have two settings like you want. think about it. I have my mbc set at 22psi. Just because its set at 22psi does not mean I am boosting 22psi and wasting gas all day. I would have to floor it to run 22psi. The MBC only goes into affect when you floor it, not during normal driving, so why would you need a lower setting. You just want to floor it and run low boost or something? It doesnt make any sense. By the way I am still getting ~25mpg with 50/50 city/highway and my MBC is set at 22psi, 680cc injectors.

Like I said before, 2 settings is only useful if you run race gas often. Then you can have a second setting for race gas days.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

ORIGINAL: get435

either you did not understand what I said or you dont understand how a MBC works. what I am saying is that it is pointless to have two settings like you want. think about it. I have my mbc set at 22psi. Just because its set at 22psi does not mean I am boosting 22psi and wasting gas all day. I would have to floor it to run 22psi. The MBC only goes into affect when you floor it, not during normal driving, so why would you need a lower setting. You just want to floor it and run low boost or something? It doesnt make any sense. By the way I am still getting ~25mpg with 50/50 city/highway and my MBC is set at 22psi, 680cc injectors.

Like I said before, 2 settings is only useful if you run race gas often. Then you can have a second setting for race gas days.

Ok i see what you are saying and 2mpg isnt a lot to lose and thank you for staying on subject in post and not wondering off the subject seems to be a flame fest on many post now. Just wanted somone that was running one of these or a regular controller for input TY.