2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

new b

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Default new b

Hey whats up all!!New to the forum and wanted to know what is better 2g gsx or gst!!If I get a eclipse I want to do a boost controller,bov,exhust,down pip,front mount,pipin,and rc injectors.What do u think it will run at the track??How much boost?On street tires?drag ratios?? I dont mean for anyone to flame im just a newb!(Ill be usein the car as a day driven car and race at the track and if their are any road corses ill like to do that to!!</P>

Old 03-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Default new b

Also how much does a stock eclipse gsx have??</P>

Old 03-12-2004, 02:39 AM
Default new b

Read this thread : http://www.mitsubishiforums.com/foru...D=707&amp;PN=2</P>

Wow, that's a lot of questions. Here's my same old same old....Check the Vfaqs, you'll find everything blah blah blah....no one really pays attention to this part so whatever.</P>

Well, to start off let's theoreticallybuild a car for you. Let's say you get a 2g gsx. It has 210 crank hp stock. As for your mods, let's say that you go along with the crowd. You get an Joe P MBC, Greddy type S BOV, Apexi N1 cat-back, Apexi downpipe, Greddy FMIC with piping, and 550cc RC's. Also, an Apexi SAFC would be a good idea when upgrading the injectors. Your t25 will have been maxed out by now and you'll probably be pushing 220whp @16psi. Your1/4 times will be a dismal mid 14 on street tires. Since you're AWD, slicks won't help at these speeds. I don't know what the h3ll drag ratio's are so i'll skip that one. Now let's say you upgrade to a 16g turbo as most people do. You're now running a decent 20 psi and probably making 280whp. If you can launch really good, you can make a midto low 13. Your 0-60 foot times would have tobe an attainable 1.6-1.9 seconds for you to get a low 13. With a 16g you'll need to get a better clutch. If you want this to be a good daily, you should look at the ACT2100 or CFDF. The CFDF is a little easier to use and is a littletougher than the ACT, but it costs more. The CFDF would be the choice for autox though. Now after reading this, don't think that you can just put on all these parts and hit a 13sec 1/4. You have to TUNE TUNE TUNE!!!! People who just buy something for their car and don't take the time to get it dialed in generally have a bad experience and end blaming the product for their misfortune. So tune, it can't hurt. Also, the downpipe is illegal for the street. Since itwould bea major component in your 13sec slip, removing it will net you a much slower time. Street and strip times will be very different.</P>

Now i hope this helps you out some, but i've learned most all of this stuf from experience and research. The Vfaqs were created by people who have *much* more experience than me and didn't want to keep explaining things over and over to newbies. The Vfaqs have an answer for every question you could possibly have.</P>

Old 03-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Default new b

Yes it helped me out.Thank you!!also what can i use to tune the car?

Old 03-13-2004, 01:37 AM
Default new b

<FONT color=black>Well...the safc and pocketloggeris a proven combo. Definitely get a pocketlogger, even though it can't control or change anything, it's the most valuable tool you can get. It also *very* cheap. $175 for the cable and software, but you need a palm pilot. I got an m100 for $20 off ebay. The other alternative is a dsmlink, but it's $675 and you have to buy a 1995 eeprom ecu and get it chipped. </FONT></P>

<FONT color=black>I personally like the greddy emanage, pocketlogger, and gm maf/maft combo. It's next best thing to a standalone, besides the dsmlink. </FONT></P>

Old 03-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Default new b

Wow that alot more than whatI though to upgrade the gsx!!Thank you!!