2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

new clutch set, fork, ball, flywheel, can't go into gear! (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Default RE: new clutch set, fork, ball, flywheel, can't go into gear!

UPDATE:

I re-bled the system (which it definitley needed!!!) but all that did was convince me of what i am about to reveal. I may have replaced that horrible clutch a bit too late and done a number on my poor tranny!!! read on.

Well, if you guys could confirm me on the horrible news I jusy layed upon myself. I have reason to believe that due to my having a hard time shifying before i replaced my clutch, i must have worn out my synchros. and just my tranny in general. If anyone could tell me otherwiset hat would be great.

Here are the hints to this:

1. I can start the car, in gear, clutch pushed in... like everything is perfectly fine. (i can swing thru all the gears (except reverse) with the engine off, reverse was never really like butter on my car to begin with. now it is just bad.

2. When the car is on and not moving it is almost impossible to get into 1st gear. and a bit easier to in second. yet, i am able to shift when i am moving a little bit easier then at a stand still. obviously.. yet, it does not shift smooth like it should. there is still a bit of hesitation. but definitley dont need to *try* to get it in, like when the car is stopped. it is even stiff trying to pull it out of a gear.

3. i looked inside the bell housing to check out the movement of all the clutch parts. everything works perfect.

4. i can drive around fine, and my clutch works how it should. no funny noises. i can pull up at a light in gear, pedal down and it is like any other day. BTW, it is like this in every gear.

i am thinking i will have to get a new transmission. any ideas guys? or would you come up to the same conclusion too? I mean i could see if t was every once in a while or if the car would die or even start to bog when i stop in gear. but it s only a major problem when i am running and still. and try to go in or out of gear. and it is noticeable but still possible while i am moving.

thanks for all your hel so far guys. i really appreciate it. i am SOOOO NOT looking forward tot aking my tranny back out and either replacing it with a used one, replacing it with a fully built one or rebuild the one i got? ether way. my final guess is bad synchros or tranny or something due to the fact that my clutch was *** for a while and completely shot when i parked it. it wasnt shifting smooth for a while. so this is what i get based from my knowledge.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Default RE: new clutch set, fork, ball, flywheel, can't go into gear! (UPDATE)

i still think it has something to do with the clutch, but i will settle for my car is f*ed right now....