2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

New HKS SSQV on 95 gst

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New HKS SSQV on 95 gst

Just get the recirc kit. Its pretty cheap. All it is, is a peice that connects to the end of the BOV and then a rubber hose to the intake. Thats it.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Banned

Dude you are becoming more and more frustrating. All you need to do is hook up that ****ing pipe back to the intake.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Dude you are becoming more and more frustrating. All you need to do is hook up that ****ing pipe back to the intake.
Is no one hearng me here?? The car will act the same with a recirc kit running the HKS valve with a MAF. My car does it and lets bring up our old buddy 97talonAWD or what ever his name was he had the same problem on his 2G.

I AM TELLING YOU ALL NOW. the hks valve will still cause the car to sputter and go rich on shifts and stall out even with the recirc kit TRUST ME I know. If this kid cant tell the difference then he obviously doesnt have a clue as to what exactly is happening with the AFR. On top of it if you want performance dont vent cause it slows you down. when I was at the track venting I noticed my AFRs the car is tuned to an 11.1 which is good well I would have 11.1 in first then shift it would go 10.5 and never rebound back up then shift again I was at 10.0 the rest of the way threw the track. the BOV prob kill a tenth or two because the AFRs makes a HUGE difference in the cars performance

Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: CelciuS209

most people have hks on eclipse not evos. thats probly why ur having so much problums.
Again this comment is FALSE. No one runs the BOV unless like i said they have no clue. They run it because of stupidity not because it works good. Trust me like I said its a great valve just not of these cars. There are tons of DSM owners who used to use the HKS valve but they ususally switch it out fairly quick now after 10 years of dealing with DSMs the Evo owners know better and usually dont try to run an HKS unless they get it for free or really really cheap (like me $50 for a $200 BOV).

By the way on a Mitsu you should never upgrade a BOV just for the sound because that is a very very stupid reason.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 AM

dude put a recirculation kit on there i had the option of running it either way with my greddy kit and i went with the recurculation kit beacuse it made it easier i think to spool up after it vent out. just think about what alot of us are saying most of us have figured it out by what people have done and what problems we heave had
by the way i drive a 98 gst spyder

Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 AM

anyone know where i can order this kit?

Old 10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

When you think of it, the HKS opens inwards right? I think thats why it doesnt work really well with these cars. Now i understand you Mike.

Celcius, where did you buy this BOV? What i suggest is actually selling it and buying a greddy type RS + a recirculation kit.

Or do you just not care how the car runs as long as it sounds cool?

Old 10-23-2007, 02:11 PM

he said he loves the way the car sounds..... so im guessing hes all about the noise like sebba said the rs and the recirc kit works great 2 of my friends use that while me and another friend use the type s. both work well but the type s gives a whistle even when recirculated and since your all about the sounds you might wanna check that out but for sure the hks has to go my friends that have the type rs BOTH had the hks and then sold it it just sucks on these cars

Old 10-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Well you might think it works great... but do you have a wideband to actually verify that it works great?

Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned

post removed.

Quick Reply: New HKS SSQV on 95 gst