2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

New Member..looking at turbo wing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Default New Member..looking at turbo wing

Hi! Everyone,

I am a new member and new to the Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Got a question that I could not find on here. I just recently purchased a 97 Eclipse RS. I love
the look of the turbo wing and was wondering if it is possible to put this on a stock RS model?

Also, is this an easy job I could do myself or would I need a shop to do this?

Thanks all for the help.

argy1

Old 10-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Default RE: New Member..looking at turbo wing

yes you can put it on your RS but it still won't look like the GS-T or GSX because the front bumper, rear bumper are different and they have side skirts. you can find the front bumper and turbo wing on ebay but i'm not sure about the rest. go under the classified section of the forum and see if you can find anybody looking to sell their side skirts and/or rear bumper from a 97-99 eclipse gs, gs-t or gsx.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Default RE: New Member..looking at turbo wing

The rs/gs/gst/gsx have the same from bumper and back bumper from 97-99... which he has a 97. I think your thinking of the smiley face bumper which was on all 95 eclipses turbo and non turbo. You are right about the side skirts though, but the rims are different and the gs/gst/gsx all have color matched mirrors, door hadles, rear windshield wipers, and leather interiors... but that wasent his question.

Their are two types of turbo wings, one is the oem wing, which is limited to the hatch... meaning that its only touching the hatch, each side is bolted to the hatch. The other is a mix between the 993kgtvr4 wing and the 97-99 basket handel eclipse turbo wing. The wing rolls onto the side pannels but is raised like the turbo wing. Personally I like the wings west better then the stock one, I think it gives it more body. For your application the wings west turbo wing would be the easest one to mount seeing how you already have holes on the side pannels of the car which the wing would cover up. Where if you were to get the oem wing you would have to get someone to fill in the holes from the orginal wing. No matter what you do your going to have(want) to get the car painted. The small wing has a center support which the wire for the brake light travles though. When you put the large wing on your going to be left with a hole in the center of your hatch thats going to need to be filled to keep the water out and I personally would want it painted to match the rest of the car.