2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

next step on GSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Default RE: next step on GSX

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Im thinking 6 bolt swap soon too if its not in there already

What's the difference between the 6 and 7 bolt engine besides the bolt pattern?

Old 04-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

Im not 100% sure. The crank has been nitrided on the 6 bolt. I think the 7 bolt internals are a little more advanced.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: skyline

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Im thinking 6 bolt swap soon too if its not in there already

What's the difference between the 6 and 7 bolt engine besides the bolt pattern?
oil squirters are undersized in the 7 bolt and oil journals. they oil pressure of the 7 bolt is a problem and combined with the crank it has it becomes a problem

Old 04-18-2006, 01:38 PM

will the 6 bolt bottom end line up or work with the stock head?

Old 04-18-2006, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

will the 6 bolt bottom end line up or work with the stock head?
it can but you need some minor work from what I understand to run a 2G head on a 1G block

Old 04-18-2006, 05:33 PM

guys i hate to say it but the issue is with the berrings not the crank a soft crank will result in throwing a rod becuse the berrings from the rods will wear the crank and the knock from that will let you know it has happened which is not what crankwalk is crankwalk is a falure/sloppy crank berrings and the crank walkes itself out of postion this has been addressed by mitsu and is fiked by putting in a better crank berrings which will make the 7bolt walk just as much as a 6bolt yes i said it all motors can crankwalk. the fact that he has new rods sould meen that all berrings are changed in the lower end so dont worry about crankwalk it is very un-likly that it will happen whith the internal mods you have now low oil pressure sure this may be but with a full rebuild which should be done when the bottom end is built up the oilers and bigger oil pump should be put in. the fact is that his motor sould be fine with the internals he has put in dont worry the poor guy about issues that are not rellivant to his motor.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

I also heard about that ^. That would be my secdond choice.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: get435
dont worry the poor guy about issues that are not rellivant to his motor.
he has a 7 bolt it is relevent always. ive seen completely stock 2Gs that walk. buying a modded one is usually a step in the direction because DSMs no a days chances are they are beat on. its like buying a used EVO you know it was driven hard BUT we dont crank walk so its not rellivant to us on a 2G it is a little different and kinda should be known

Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 PM

I think you missed the whole point of the post according to mitsu as well as many macinest i have talked to the berrings were the issue with the 7bolt block once replaced with a good berring not the POS ones from mitsu the crankwalk issues is lower to the point of any motor and dont thina 6bolt cannot crankwalk ANY MOTOR CAN CRANKWALK it just so happens mitsu put some ****ty berrings in the 7bolt. now cack to what i said if the rods were replace the berrings were replace if they were not take it bcak because you are asking to throw a rod.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

I think you missed the whole point of the post according to mitsu as well as many macinest i have talked to the berrings were the issue with the 7bolt block once replaced with a good berring not the POS ones from mitsu the crankwalk issues is lower to the point of any motor and dont thina 6bolt cannot crankwalk ANY MOTOR CAN CRANKWALK it just so happens mitsu put some ****ty berrings in the 7bolt. now cack to what i said if the rods were replace the berrings were replace if they were not take it bcak because you are asking to throw a rod.
are you talking to me?? All i said was that cranwalk does apply to his car. no matter what he has a 7bolt. any motor can walk BUT how many other cars walk as often as the 7bolt. I have never seen it with an EVO thats for sure. you always stress that any motor can but the % of 2Gs versus anything else makes it look bad.

Quick Reply: next step on GSX