2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Oil everywhere =(

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Default Oil everywhere =(

Ok so i just got back from a drive and I noticed smoke coming up from my engine bay
so i open my hood and I notice that half of my engine (the driver side only) is covered with oil.
I checked all of my resevours and they all seem to be ok. I noticed that my dipstick wasn't pushed in all the way so maybe that might have caused it?
I also just changed my oil yesterday and I noticed that the oil filter they gave me was smaller than the one I took off.
the only thing that i noticed that is different is there is a hiss coming from what seems to be somewhere between clutch fluid resevour and the brake fluid resevour
=(
what do you guys think is going on

Old 01-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Default RE: Oil everywhere =(

The dipstick being out will surely blow oil all over the place, and can even cause a fire. youll have to fix the dipstick so its tighter and cant blow out. your hiss would probly be a vaccum leak - or could be the a/c if its works from defrost being on.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:02 AM

okay, great! thanks i was really like wtf? i'll check it out in the morning.... thanks

Old 01-01-2007, 11:51 AM

If it was on the top of the motor, more and likely it was just the dipstick.. But if it behind the motor/mostly underneath it could be more serious..

Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 PM

my car caught fire in 4th gear from the dipstick blowing out and a glowing red manifold. luckily it went out by the time i got it stopped and nothing bad happened

Old 01-03-2007, 08:52 PM

Ok so update. I cleaned up my car engine bay, checked for any smoke or anything like that but the car seemed to be ok.
So i went out for a drive, let the car warm up before i started to push it. once it was warmed up I punched it, started to boost and then my car starts craping out lots of White smoke from the exhaust. So I pull over check under the hood everything is fine no oil or anything. so i turn around and head home as im going up the last hill i decided to punch it one more time. this time no white smoke in the exhaust but my dipstick decided to come up and spray the inside of my car with oil. this only seems to happen when I spool up the turbo.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:39 PM

i dont know if its normal but could it be blowby?

Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 PM

it was ALOT of smoke like enough to fill a room, and it has never happend before

Old 01-03-2007, 09:50 PM

head gasket?

Old 01-03-2007, 10:05 PM

i was talking to him online, but he said that it would only smoke when he would boost. Which now, that i think about it, its the turbo, isnt it?

Quick Reply: Oil everywhere =(