2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Ok, back to my cooling ^^

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Default Ok, back to my cooling ^^

ok heres the thing, i posted about my radiator fan not working about 2 weeks ago, and i bearly get back online to tell you guys the good news... i tested my fan and my relay's and its not them.. they both work fine.. so what should i be checking next? any sensors that could be the culpret? 99 rs btw thanks in advance

Old 02-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Ok, back to my cooling ^^

I checked alldatapro.com and go some thinks for you to check

Troubleshooting Hints
<2.0L Engine (Non-turbo)>

[*]Only the radiator fan does not operate.[/ol]
[ul][*]Check fusible link No. 7.[/ul][/ul]
[*]Only the condenser fan does not operate.[/ol]
[ul][*]Check dedicated fuse No. 9.[/ul][/ul]
[*]The radiator fan and condenser fan do not operate in the low speed mode, but operate otherwise.[/ol]
[ul][*]Check the radiator fan motor relay (LO) and condenser fan motor relay (LO).[*]Check the Powertrain control module.[/ul][/ul]
[*]The radiator fan and condenser fan do not operate in the high speed mode, but operate otherwise.[/ol]
[ul][*]Check the radiator fan motor relay (HI) and condenser fan motor relay (HI).[*]Check the powertrain control module.[/ul][/ul]

Old 02-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Rob
Banned

You know they don't both run all teh time right?

Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM

sorry i dont understand "check fuseable link #7" but this is really frustrating... i h8 watching my little temp needle go up and think.. o i have to turn on the heater to max just to help cool down my engine... when its 80 degrees outside

Old 02-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bagaak

sorry i dont understand "check fuseable link #7" but this is really frustrating... i h8 watching my little temp needle go up and think.. o i have to turn on the heater to max just to help cool down my engine... when its 80 degrees outside
Well you might want to take it to a shop if you dont know what a fusible link is...look in the owners manual.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 PM

Check the fluid levels in the resevoir.
Also, are you sure that your thermostat is not bad?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:05 PM

Aye B how many miles do you have on that car? From whom did you buy it from? What year is it? Where are you shiftin during regular driving, and when you gettin on it at what RPM range are you shifting? What type of fluids are you using?

You got like 5 different threads about your car. Im just curious is you car really that F'd up or your this is your first car and your learning?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:51 PM

um.. pappi to answer all your questions, i just bought the rs from some dude that didnt want it any more, its a 99 with 100k miles, i usually shift at 3k maybe 4 if i need to, and fluids just the norm i guess. noting special besides royal purple oil.

and the other questions when i replaced the thermostat... half of the fkker was missing... the part that looks like the spring was completely gone.... im assuming its somewhere between my waterpump and that holding at the moment. when i replace my waterpump ill find out ^^.

and for the record this is gonna be my fixer upper. plan on buying a gsx and using my knowledge of taking care of a beater first. (thats what i did with my paseo)

thanks so much for replying

Old 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM

Ooooooh. Same thing Im doing with mine breaking and repairing stuff on her to get more experience. Only thing differnt is that you own an eclispe.

With the fluids I was curious if you were using factory recommended or some other stuff, and with the owner question I was curious ofwhy type of driver had you car b4 maybe he/she use to beat on it.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:39 AM

honestly i dont know what kind of driver had this car before me, i had the engine checked out compression was normal and its pretty smooth, might need a new set of mounts, but either than that shes a good car. might have been pushed a lot but she is solid besides the small problems. the guy put a greddy exhaust and took out the box for the intake and just put a filter at the end of the stock intake pipe.. in my eyes i give him a 2/10 on effort on trying something with this car ^^ thanks for replying she is fun to drive, slow, but fun

Quick Reply: Ok, back to my cooling ^^