2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

ok i now hate mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Default ok i now hate mitsubishi

yea i have a 97 eclipse spyder gs and all of the damn sudden the damn rod starts to knock and now I have to find a damn new car but that's ok b/c i am going honda screw mitsubishi. I see 1.6L SOHC honda's get better times than GST's verrrrrry often. Yea, they're turboed, but so are GST's and GST's have a lot bigger motors, yet Honda still makes better times....and that's with completely stock internals. My car only had 132,000 miles on it and no, I never really raced. I only ran at the track twice. I have a friend with an 88' CRX with a 1.6L non-VTEC motor that he takes to redline at least 3 times a weak and it has 169,000 miles on it and it still runs good. Got another friend with a 00' Civic EX with a 1.6L SOHC VTEC that he ran 5 times in one night and it ran perfect on the way home. He took it between 7,000 and 7,200 RPM in every gear. He raced 3 times another night at the track and he's raced on the street several times as well. His car is running perfect. Engine is really clean too and he's never changed the head/valve cover gasket...my car has oil very slowly leaking out from somewhere on the head...nothing major but still..little things count. Oh and my transmission has had to be rebuilt before as well...what a pile. Later guys.

Old 12-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Default RE: ok i now hate mitsubishi

1st of....plz tell me u r not racing ur spyder...BIG MISTAKE!!!!! Spyders are too heavy!!! 2nd, those "honda's" are way laighter than a GS-T. 3rd, no1 cares bout u hating mitsu, juss take it sumwhere else!!! BTW honda's arent better considering they lack tremendous torque, n dont try the whoel "its got VTEC" crap cuz all VTEC really is, is Very Tall Engine Coolant lol!!!

Old 12-17-2005, 06:57 AM

Does tq matter really? they're still beating eclipses either way lol. The seem to last longer with less trouble too. And I don't care about VTEC. It is cool but I know it doesn't help that much. Anyway, it doesn't matter if they lack in tq...they're still faster when you build them the same way you build a 4g63

Old 12-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

So what are you going to do with the spyder? Looking to sell it?

Old 12-17-2005, 09:45 AM

"tq" does matter, its what gets the car up and moves it, dont be a dyno queen. Ya an 88 crx with a 1.6 vtek may be faster but it looks like a turd. Oh ya BTW every day I beat the living **** out of my car, bang every gear, bounce the red, dump the clutch at 72g. MY car has 130k and its still runnen great. Ya know why? I keep oil in it, I know its alot to ask for someone to keep oil in a car but I tend to always go the extra step and check it once a week or so, I tend to go an extra step with alot of things like wiping my *** after I take a **** but i guess I am an over achiever. Its proly the oil leeks that starved your motor for oil that makes it a pile... preventive matinace? Pffft who needs it. No honda out there will perform with out oil and I hope you realise that before you send another car to the junkyard.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:08 AM

Ok thin about this one, a Civic with a ton of part and turbo will run a low 14 awsome!!! a GS-t with only and exhaust BOV and boost controller with run low 14 that is only a few hundred dollars in modds compairing to a civic that needs a $3000+ turbo kit an exhaust prob cam(s) boost controller Piggy back enginge management, ect ect. So in other words youll buy a honda and then bitch about how much less mney Eclipses need to smoke your *** in a POS Civic. not to mention they sound like a can of bees.

Honestly mycar runs a low 14 and I have raced a SOHC Civic that had a greddy turbo kit and it wasnt even close, I ate that thing alive without a launch either By thrid gear I had atleast 4 cars on him. Civics suck I dont know why all young kids think they are so fast.

I beat my car to hell but I change the oil every 2K with Mobile 1 fully sunthetic which can last around 5K and still be good. and TQ wins races my friend. Without a decent amount of Tq you will get schoold by alot mote cars than you think. And finally why the F*** are you complaining about a civic being faster than a GS spyder??? that cracks me up. lets see WHP if you were to dyno the spyder would be arouind 110WHP and the car weights about 3500LBS and a Civic that dynos the same 110WHP weights 2500lbs hmmm why are they faster?? You dont take a Spyder and expect to race people and win. If you do maintenece on your car properly it will last, I redlind my car every day all the time I beat the hell out of it, but I also Turbo time it when I stop and change the oil very very ofter and my car rev limits at 7400 RPMs and it isnt broken. I dont see your car breaking unless you neglected to change the oil on time. My sister had a caviler she didnt change the oil after 7000 Miles it spun a bearing and she didnt drive the car hard at all plus she had cheap oil in the motor.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:40 AM

wanna sell your spyder? i could have a lil fun with 2 spyder Gs's kickin around

Old 12-17-2005, 11:24 AM

"tq" does matter, its what gets the car up and moves it, dont be a dyno queen.
So very true!!!

Stop watchin The Fast & The Furious n grow some brains, TQ wins the races HP sells the car....so 2 answer ur question, HELL YES it TQ matters.....hp is more of how fast ur engine can work n accelerate while torque deals wit acceleration but its more at the wheels!!!! SO a car wit ****ty torque would meen U'd literally have 2 mash ur foot on the pedal juss get from 0-60...but since u want a civic, thats wat...like 7-9 seconds b4 it hits 60 lol. Idk y u'd race ur spyder wen their heavy as hell.

N hell no they arent faster when u build them up....1st the 4g63t engine is alot more powerful n can deal wit much more power on stock internals than a civic can, n they can also handle much more boost than a civic can considering ITS BUILT FOR TURBO!!!! Ne car that is N/A that goes turbo WILL NOT run the same as an engine BUILT FOR TURBO....ever wonder y turbo kits start u out wit atleast 6-10 psi...while a GS-T/GSX runs wit wat 14-17.....use ur lil brain if U have ne, ne motor thats built for turbo will far exceed an N/A car wit bolted on turbos!!! N dont say engine rebuild....cuz u'd juss be wasting ur money!!!

Old 12-17-2005, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Dyno_Man

Ne car that is N/A that goes turbo WILL NOT run the same as an engine BUILT FOR TURBO....

LOL thats a good poit, their something called a close loop and open loop fuel cycle HAHA I hope you buy a missing link.

Also a civic boosten, even only 10 psi or so will put it in low 14's if the driver can drive. Boost does alot even for a little car. Heck the gsr motors in those tin cans make them 13 sec cars. but then its a gay tek. Ya know whats sad... our motors have the same amount of cams in a soch vetch honda motor and yet people think their so much better. I understand the concept of vetch by why not run an agressive cam all the time?

Old 12-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Czu they're pansies? Also remember the Crapic wasn't concieved as a tuner originally. It was supposed to be a nice little grocery getter lol.

Quick Reply: ok i now hate mitsubishi