2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

ok i now hate mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Default RE: ok i now hate mitsubishi

[:@] wow your back again lol i thought you went to go hide under a rock after all those burns and insults just about every one in the eclipse forums and some other evo's wow i wouldnt have shown back up here ever again if i were u well when i first got into cars i also thought civics were super fast (lol civics) then i read a books and actauly got a bit educated in cars an realized civics arent fast at all there built for fuel economy people just but them cause there cheap and they do last pretty long time but what made me change my mind was my freinds 91 eclipse gsx which he bought for 3 gran and but another 3 grand in preformance parts that thing flys and ill put money that you would never beat the gsx with your civic by only putting 3 grand in that slow go cart

also maybe your freinds civic ex and crx can take more abuse beacuse they were or are better maintined than yours

Old 12-18-2005, 12:45 AM

i agree with everyones statments, but if you do go out n try to buy a fast honda from the get go like an LS Vtec teggy or a GSR your ganna pay alot for it, please dont be another dumbass ricer n think vtec = fast. ill give you an example i have 2 friends 1 has a 92 civic DX n the other has a 98 gs, the civic has a CAI full exhaust upgraded plugs n wires, we even gutted the crap out the inside, short shifter. just very basic mods. the eclipse has NOTHING bone stock with a heavy *** audio setup in the hatch n he smokes the civic everytime. before you start maken predictions as why the civic looses both drivers are very good. just plain n simple the civic is a pile of junk

Old 12-18-2005, 10:11 AM

yet to see a civic run high 8's low 9's like some crazy assed dsm out there.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: 97GSpower

yea i have a 97 eclipse spyder gs and all of the damn sudden the damn rod starts to knock and now I have to find a damn new car but that's ok b/c i am going honda screw mitsubishi. I see 1.6L SOHC honda's get better times than GST's verrrrrry often. Yea, they're turboed, but so are GST's and GST's have a lot bigger motors, yet Honda still makes better times....and that's with completely stock internals. My car only had 132,000 miles on it and no, I never really raced. I only ran at the track twice. I have a friend with an 88' CRX with a 1.6L non-VTEC motor that he takes to redline at least 3 times a weak and it has 169,000 miles on it and it still runs good. Got another friend with a 00' Civic EX with a 1.6L SOHC VTEC that he ran 5 times in one night and it ran perfect on the way home. He took it between 7,000 and 7,200 RPM in every gear. He raced 3 times another night at the track and he's raced on the street several times as well. His car is running perfect. Engine is really clean too and he's never changed the head/valve cover gasket...my car has oil very slowly leaking out from somewhere on the head...nothing major but still..little things count. Oh and my transmission has had to be rebuilt before as well...what a pile. Later guys.
why don't you just sell your goddamn eclipse, buy a civic and go somewhere else. go to a honda forum and talk about how great VTEC is.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'd take a spyder ANY day of the week (But then again I just want a convertable... I'm too poor to afford one though... Even WITH a blown motor...

Old 12-18-2005, 06:06 PM

yea i am wanting to sell it i am going to put new rodbering in the i will take 3k for it but i live in al so u would have to come and get it

Old 12-18-2005, 06:09 PM

oh and bye the way the 92 civic dx has a 1.5l compard to the 2.0 in the eclipse so yea and it is not vtec but that not all that so yea u fell good at u beat a 1.5l in a2.0

Old 12-18-2005, 06:38 PM

oh and bye the way the 92 civic dx has a 1.5l compard to the 2.0 in the eclipse so yea and it is not vtec but that not all that so yea u fell good at u beat a 1.5l in a2.0

omg your ****in morron. now im glad your pulling away from DSM's cause your not worthy of them. you should have got a honda from the get go "noob" i know it has a 1.5L SOHC. this is one conversation i have alot with mustang n camaro owners. the first words outa there mouths are either how much HP i have or what size motor. if i say i havea 2.2L they come back with well i have a 5.0 bitch putting out 400hp. ok well thats fine even back when i had 300whp on a 2.0 i had a million times better power to weigh ratio. and if you would have ever driven a FWD turbo Eclipse trq stear is a bitch. that is where the civic looses it maybe lighter have an equal or better powr to weight ratio but no trq so you will get stomped off the line everytime. n if your up against someone that has focused on their topend your really **** n wont even be able to catch up. n dont look at me like i dont know **** about hondas a buddy of mine is running an all motor 89 all motor CRX in a 11.92 best E/t but also a full on drag car. but i also have a friend who helped me build my 2G he has a 90 gs_t eclipse running 9.80s all day long

do me a fav build the **** outa any honda you get just please keep the motor it cam with. motor swaps in my mind are the biggest pile of bull****. sure your cars fast but not with its original motor. ALL dsm's make their power with the 4g63, we dont have to swap out motors to make our power. but if you wanna start a bitch fest n put a K-20 or 24 in a CRX or civic hatch thats fine. ill find a junked out 97 GSX n put a 2JzA80 in it n conver it to RWD n well see whos **** is faster

Old 12-18-2005, 11:46 PM

In my short time in life every hoday guy I have ever asked doesn't even know what Vtec stands for or what it is. Whats that prove? If you going to go honda at least know what your going to be talking about when you get there. Hopefully you learned what MIVEC is before you leave in case you ever come up against it on the street or track.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:37 AM

run head first into traffic...

Quick Reply: ok i now hate mitsubishi